• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - No Service

Magoogan92

Lurker
Jan 11, 2014
I had a Galaxy Note 2 which was stolen, so through insurance bought a new one off amazon. When I received my new one, and entered my sim and turned it on, everything worked fine until, after about 10 minutes it suddenly stopped connecting to the network (T-Mobile UK) and when I swipe down the system tray it said 'Emergency calls only'. I sent it back, recieved a new one this morning for the same thing to happen.

To me this can't be a coincidence. I don't feel like my sim is the problem since it works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 that I've been using it. Would really appreciate if anyone can come up with a solution as I'm so frustrated with having to send it back and wait for a refund to order a new one that likely will have the same issue. I know I should probably just go for a different phone, but I've found the Galaxy Note 2 to be the best phone I've had (when it works)

Thanks in advance!

My Note 2 worked fine on T- Mobile, is your handset locked or unlocked?
Maybe go into phone settings and get a list of mobile operators to choose from and see if T - Mobile is there. Also long press the power button and switch Flight mode on, then when flight mode is enabled do the same to disable( this is something I do when sometimes I don

Upvote 0
It's supposed to be unlocked. I've now found the issue, after updating the software when I first turned the phone on, the IMEI has changed from what's written on the back of the phone to a generic one. I don't however know how to revert back to the original software or how to change the IMEI, any ideas?

Upvote 0
It's supposed to be unlocked. I've now found the issue, after updating the software when I first turned the phone on, the IMEI has changed from what's written on the back of the phone to a generic one. I don't however know how to revert back to the original software or how to change the IMEI, any ideas?

Sorry no suggestions to offer but for what it is worth, there a somewhat similar issue being discussed at the Note 3 forum at -

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/817842-after-reset-i-lost-imei-invalid-imei.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones