1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung galaxy note 3 dock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jagex336, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Jagex336

Jagex336 Lurker

basically I have a Samsung galaxy note 3 running Android 4.4.2 and I was looking at the samsung smart dock and it says specifically that it is not compatible with note 3 or s5 but I have seen multiple videos of people using this dock with note 3 but I was just wondering If anyone has this dock or has tested it with a note 3 (4.4.2) any answers appreciated! Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

I have the universal dock which Samsung also said was incompatible and it works just fine. I don't really know what is different about the smart dock other than I believe it has the HDMI option. The only thing I can figure is that the dock has a 2.0 USB connection to the phone instead of a 3.0 connection so my phone sits just slightly off-center. I suspect the smart dock will work similarly for you.
    I think you can find it at Best Buy to test it out? Not sure about that though.
    I forgot to mention, I also have a Note 3 running Kitkat.

3. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Sounds like a disclaimer, for folks that would try to seat the phone perfectly center, rather than matching it up to the micro-USB 2.0 portion of Note 3 port.

Before I gave my Smart Dock to my cousin (due to picking up a Samsung wireless hub on a deal at Best Buy), I used it and it worked perfectly fine.

FYI - Probably would be good if the title is edited to specify Smart dock. There are a lot of different Samsung docks (car docks, battery docks, etc.).

4. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Exactly, drexappeal. That is what I figured too. Either dock will work just fine but some folks will have a hissy if their phone doesn't sit perfectly centered or the usb connection isn't 3.0 to match their phone's. But I am positive that the universal dock works just fine and you have just assured the OP that the smart dock will work so I think our work is done here. :)

drexappeal likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews