• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3!!!

I'm on board for a 6.3 Note 3 and I'm only 4.8" 100lbs soak and wet...lol :D
Here's the latest accessory to transport it...

radio-flyer.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't see why some people are whining that the note 3 projected screen size is too big. If you think it's too big for you, get a smaller phone. End of story. For those of us who are 196 cm tall with big hands and long fingers, we welcome the larger screen size which will essentially be a full tablet/ereader replacement. I love my Note2, but I wish it was 6.3".

Upvote 0
The rumored Galaxy Note 17 will have a 42" foldable screen. "It neatly folds up to a size of a credit card." It will also have a resolution of 6000x3500. But, in order to own one one must get MCSE certified.

Interesting forecast. Only problem is that the MCSE certification has been deprecated long before even the Note 1 came out. The geezers who still have that are probability still using a Nokia 3310. And I have a feeling that we'll be moving to either neuro-implants or at least a heads-up-display well prior to a 17th version.

Upvote 0
Note 2 is max size for me. I will not go bigger. The note 2 is border line too big. I love it and will not trade it for anything currently on the market. However, IF the screen can go bigger without the phone physical size, maybe. However, for my current hand size and the offset keyboard, even a larger screen and same size form factor will probably be no go. I'll defiantly go play with it in the store, but that is about it.

Upvote 0
I don't see why some people are whining that the note 3 projected screen size is too big. If you think it's too big for you, get a smaller phone. End of story. For those of us who are 196 cm tall with big hands and long fingers, we welcome the larger screen size which will essentially be a full tablet/ereader replacement. I love my Note2, but I wish it was 6.3".

The thing is, the Note has features that are unique to that particular line. If the next model is too big, we can get other phones, but they won't have all the features. Furthermore, if they go to 6.3" and don't produce a 5.5" phone, then everyone who got used to a 5.5" phone is stuck with a smaller phone that will feel tiny.

I hope they keep the Note line at 5.5". The Note feels good in my hands, but can be a tight fit for some pockets. If I wanted a 7" device, I'd get a Nexus 7.

Upvote 0
The thing is, the Note has features that are unique to that particular line.

Can you be a bit more specific? What 'features' exactly are you referring to?

Other than the quad-core processor and bigger screen, (and later version of android which of course any deviced can be updated to) the note 2 is basically an S3 as far as I'm aware. Perhaps the next 'S' series will also features a quad core, so that the note series will basically be just bigger screens, and perhaps a battery with more mah to accommodate the bigger screen.

If I wanted a 7" device, I'd get a Nexus 7.

The Nexus 7 is not a phone. The idea is not to have to carry several devices around with you. One device an be your eREader, mp3 player, calendar/journal, digital voice recorder, mobile internet browser, digital camera, and phone. There are obvious advantages to this.

I do kinda agree with what one one reviewer said about the Note 2. It's just a bit too small to be a tablet and a bit too big to be a phone. The idea of a 6.3" screen sounds about perfect to me. Maybe even as much as 6.8. I'll still be able to fit it into my 3/4 length leather coat at that latter size and now reading pdf's would be a little nicer and same for videos/mobile TV. Anyway, having said that, I still think the Note 2 is the best phone on the market. I always use bluetooth when on the phone, which I think is a no-brainer for a phone like this. Just leave it in your pocket or on a coffee table until you need it for mobile browsing/videos/etc, and talk via bluetooth.

Upvote 0
Note 2 is max size for me. I will not go bigger. The note 2 is border line too big. I love it and will not trade it for anything currently on the market. However, IF the screen can go bigger without the phone physical size, maybe. However, for my current hand size and the offset keyboard, even a larger screen and same size form factor will probably be no go. I'll defiantly go play with it in the store, but that is about it.
I agree.
One thing they will have to keep is the 16:9 ratio to view movies and HD content. The screen on the N2 is very close to being edge to edge so there isn't a whole lot of room to grow without making it wider.

Once that happens then you loose the ability to pocket the device and it becomes too big for a belt holster too. At that point it makes much more sense to just get a full sized tablet as you will end up carrying it in a backpack.

If you want to see a really poorly designed device then look at the LG Intuition. It's big, but with the 4:3 display and the width, it's just not a practical device and has had dismal sales. I would hate to see the note go that route.

tmo0001dsc03938inline-1347313652.jpg

Reactions: Amekatay
Upvote 0
In a business perspective, Samsung should take care not to rob the sales of there 7" tablets. It's more lucrative for them if you buy 2 devices from them than just 1. In my case, I bought both note 2 and 10.1. Had I realized I'll be using my note 2 a lot more browsing the web and forums, Facebook etc. I wouldn't have bought the tablet.

-Sent using the force

Upvote 0
If you want to see a really poorly designed device then look at the LG Intuition. It's big, but with the 4:3 display and the width, it's just not a practical device and has had dismal sales. I would hate to see the note go that route.

I have a hard time Samsung would 1. do 4:3 and 2. be that poor of a product.

When I was at Verizon with my dad (he was getting a Note 2) I was playing around with LG. (well... trying anyway) It crashed 3 times on me and I wasn't playing with it for that long. That's pretty bad and I'm not surprised it's doing poor. I didn't think holding it was that bad. I was laughing at how it made my Note 1 look more smallish.

Sadly, I'm Tom Cruise sized (5'7) but my excuse is being asian...

Upvote 0
I have a hard time Samsung would 1. do 4:3 and 2. be that poor of a product.

When I was at Verizon with my dad (he was getting a Note 2) I was playing around with LG. (well... trying anyway) It crashed 3 times on me and I wasn't playing with it for that long. That's pretty bad and I'm not surprised it's doing poor. I didn't think holding it was that bad. I was laughing at how it made my Note 1 look more smallish.

Sadly, I'm Tom Cruise sized (5'7) but my excuse is being asian...

I'm Tom Cruise sized too...my excuse is that I'm short :)

Myself, I never even got to the point of playing with the LG..it just looked so ridiculous and felt so strange in my hand that I put it down before considering it any further.

My issue with a MUCH larger Note (as proposed in this thread) is not so much how it feels in the hand, but is how I'm going to carry such a large device around. As it stands the current N2 is too large for me to comfortably stick in my pants pocket (it fits, but is really bulky), but it fits nicely on my belt with the Seidio holster. So it's a device that I can carry around without any problem. Bigger and wider though (it would have to be to approach 6.5”) and then it becomes a device that I need to put in a back pack or briefcase. At that point I lose interest.

Yes, some will still buy it, but it wouldn’t make much business sense as it will make the product attractive to fewer people.

Upvote 0
I'll admit in certain situations it's hard to put in or pull out of my pocket (twss) and it would be harder for me with a note 3, but it still wouldn't deter me from getting one. I bet the price would more than the phone since I'm on straight talk...

Also, didn't notice the pic earlier. Funny stuff.

Upvote 0
Can you be a bit more specific? What 'features' exactly are you referring to?

Other than the quad-core processor and bigger screen, (and later version of android which of course any deviced can be updated to) the note 2 is basically an S3 as far as I'm aware. Perhaps the next 'S' series will also features a quad core, so that the note series will basically be just bigger screens, and perhaps a battery with more mah to accommodate the bigger screen.

Um, the S-Pen and all associated programs, multi-window function, etc. Those are not available on the S3 and I would like to not lose those features.

Upvote 0
Um, the S-Pen and all associated programs, multi-window function, etc. Those are not available on the S3 and I would like to not lose those features.
I bet everything except the S-pen will be on the S4. The big question is: What will the screen size of the S4 be?

I would hate to give up the S-pen, at this point I don't think I could. But I could not carry anything bigger than the N2.

Either way, I don't have to worry about if for 2 years.

Upvote 0
Samsung LOVES making 900 sizes of the same product but this time I think if they're going to "bridge the gap" they're going to come out with a 7" note tablet. That bridges the gap between the 5.5" phone and 10" tablet.

AND I didn't see it mentioned here that Samsung already has 7" tablets people use to make calls on so a 6.3" phone really wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones