• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has a mind of it's own!

Thea Roff

Lurker
Dec 11, 2018
My phone seems to do what it wants, it shows commercials, it flashes, it decreases it's own volume and it does all of this without me touching. If anyone has had this trouble, I would like to know how they fixed it. I though I had a virus and did a virus cleaning and it still goes on. Also, I could get on to the network at work as of yesterday, 12/10/18 but as of last night, I can't. Should I do a factory reset? I really don't want to lose all of my stuff, I have a lot. Can someone please help me?

I have noticed this on my phone as well. I tried to go into camera setting to set storage location (internal/sd) unable to. The setting menu closes it down too fast. Also noticed calls getting cut off, look down and notifications settings up. This is pretty much the same timeline as the original post. Keyboard seems extra glitchy also. ???
*edit* It seems to be tied in with the gyro and /or camera. Per trying take pic, screen flips, and other little things. I cut all permission privileges for camera for now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had similar issues with my last phone the lg G6. The last few weeks I had it. The phone would turn off and on, restart, dim brightness, increase and decrease the volume and freeze up all on it's own.
Of course there was also the battery issues.
On my Moto E5 play I am having a serious issue with intrusive pop up ads

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones