1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy Pop Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by john_khan, Aug 15, 2011.

1. john_khan

john_khan Lurker

Hi, I own a Samsung Galaxy Pop CDMA (SCH-i559) in India. There is no individual forum for that model so i thought that i would post it here since the models are almost the same. My problem is this. Whenever i cancel an incoming call either from the screen or from the power button on the side, my phone completetly switches off without warning. Even more weirder is that if anyone were to call my phone while in this state, it would give a dialling tone! However i would not get to know of the call nor would it be stored in the call log. To turn the phone back on, i have to keep the power button held for a long time. I am running Android 2.2 Froyo which is rooted with superuser permissions. Another strange thing i noticed about this problem was that it happened only within the vicinity of my Wireless network even though the Wifi on the phone was off! I know this is a very complicated problem but i seriously need help! Thanks
    P.S: Is there any way to make my bluetooth headset auto-connect? It doesnt do that always.

Advertisement

2. lenocm

lenocm Newbie

That sounds as though your wireless network is interfering with the phone. Try changing the channel in the router's wireless setting to a higher one such as 10 or 11. I'm assuming it's currently using channel 1 or 2 which use frequencies shared by many wireless devices including phones.