1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

samsung galaxy prevail "press the lock key to unlock"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by x7an93dr2z, Jan 1, 2012.

1. x7an93dr2z

x7an93dr2z Lurker

I recenly purchased a samsung galaxy prevail. Does anyone know when is samsung goiing to fix the bug of having to "press the lock key to unlock" when you are making a call?.
    From talking to people and reading some say that the reason why samsung has this is beause they were worried about customers accidently pressing the phone to hard on their ear and loosing the call.

Does anyone have some other onformation?.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trenchkato

trenchkato Android Enthusiast

It is not a bug... it is purposeful... and usefull... to people like me who obviously don't know how hold a phone correctly

3. x7an93dr2z

x7an93dr2z Lurker

Thanks for an answer but i am sure that you know how to hold a phone.
    But really, lets get serious. I work in IT and this locking feature that samsung has added is ridiculus. You have a person trying to make a call and you need to press the unlock key to be able to do something else like bring up the dialpad. I have never seen this in any other device.

So they have no intention of fixing this?.

Thanks

4. SpCowboy2842

SpCowboy2842 Android Enthusiast

Why would Samsung even worry about "fixing" the call lock on the Prevail? There are plenty of apps and other ways to disable the call lock screen.

5. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert

Such as? :)

6. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

Yes they did it on purpose, the prevail DOESN'T have a proximity sensor.:mad:
    That should have been the first thing they put on any touch screen phone.
    With out the proximity sensor you will most likely press the screen while talking. which can do some interesting an Not nice things.:(

x7an93dr2z likes this.
  7. x7an93dr2z

x7an93dr2z Lurker

trenchkato, based on what you said they did this on purpose since no
    proximity sensor was added. So, did a samsung engineer or upper management have a "brain fart" to forget to add a proximity sensor?. Like I said I have not seen this issue in other touchphones.

SpCowboy2842, like "alsaces daddy" said "such as". Share the info on how to disable this. This way we can have the option of trying it out or not.

Thanks..

8. SpCowboy2842

SpCowboy2842 Android Enthusiast

Maybe it's just my phone, but on Cyanogenmod, the call lock screen stays unlocked during a call.

9. new optimus

Thats CM7.
    As it was not intended to run on a phone without a proximity sensor the screen disable was never built in.

10. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert

Some accountant / Engineer probably saved a couple of bucks on the proximity sensor.

It is a minor inconvenience once you get used to it. But I never got used to it either.

As Optimus said it does not work on CM7, which is fine by me. Sometimes, very rarely, a transparent lock screen super imposes over the Dial pad, but it does not lock anything.

It was pretty irritating when it did work.

11. Zswizzy

Zswizzy Lurker

so you want your cheek to end the call

12. new optimus

use a phone with a proximity sensor after using the prevail for so long, damn I always catch myself hitting power when getting ready to end a call and turning off the screen.
    lol

13. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

lol dude i have been doing the same thing sense i got the TU

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews