1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung Galaxy R or Nexus I9023 S

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by RahulRaman, Jan 8, 2012.

1. RahulRaman

RahulRaman Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Hi All,

I am a newbie here from India. I am planning to buy an android mobile with a cost around 20K. I am confused to choose between Samsung Galaxy R and Nexus I9023 S. Galaxy R seems to have more RAM and dual core processor, where as Nexus has raw android and ICS upgrade available. AS of now I could not have my hands on experience on any of these mobiles. Could any one please tell me which would be a better purchase in a long run. Below are the current price of both these models in India.

Galaxy R -21 K
    Nexus I9023 - 20 K

Please feel free to suggest any other models which you find as attractive in this price range.

Thanks,
    Rahul

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Galaxy R. It has a newer chipset meaning it's capable of succeeding OS updates.
    The Nexus S is an old phone, almost two years old. Normally phones over two years old would be considered having outdated hardware, and may not be compatible to more succeeding updates.

Lets just say there is a better chance of Galaxy R running Jellybean "officially" compared to Nexus S.

RahulRaman likes this.
  3. RahulRaman

RahulRaman Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012

Thanks a lot for the response. The concern is I could not find Galaxy R in the device lists published by Samsung which are supposed to get an android ICS upgrade. Is that right? I would have waited for the Nexus 4, but it is supposed to be priced around 30 K :mad: which is not affordable for me. Could you suggest any other handsets costing around 20-22 K INR with attractive features?

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I wouldn't know. I don't live in India so I can't be sure of pricing. But the Xperia Neo is supposed to get ICS.