• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Rush shut off and wont turn on

auburn77

Lurker
May 3, 2013
My samsung galaxy rush from boost shut down while I was typing a text. It won't turn on at all or light up or anything and it was fully charged. It is not rooted and I have only had it for 3 months. I have no idea where to start or how to go about fixing it. I had an Evo before this phone that was flashed and rooted and it would do this and I could restart it by pressing the volume button and power button. I tried this for the rush and nothing. Please help if you can. Thanks!

I had it plugged into the charger and it was like at 70% charged the last time I looked. The next thing is that it appeared to be off. I tried to power it back on and it won't respond. Even the red LED charging light dosen't come on. My phone was rooted so the warranty is voided. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am totally lost without my phone!

Upvote 0
I had it plugged into the charger and it was like at 70% charged the last time I looked. The next thing is that it appeared to be off. I tried to power it back on and it won't respond. Even the red LED charging light dosen't come on. My phone was rooted so the warranty is voided. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am totally lost without my phone!

If it won't even turn on.. they probably won't know that it was rooted.. try returning.

Reactions: kskillz
Upvote 0
If it won't even turn on.. they probably won't know that it was rooted.. try returning.

I had two phones do that well 3 they only replaced one they like the holler water damage and I know the indicator was white as can be I think they need to give us an upgrade they said the the one they fixed it was the power button and they replaced the power button I don't know how they did that I think they replaced the motherboard anyways I have 2 very expensive paperweight I guess I failed to tell them that I could go outside and pick up a rock and use that as a paperweight

Upvote 0
Here's a new twist guys I've dealt with this for 5 times with Samsung and hearing my end result with an online representative

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.You are now chatting with 'Stella'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK1119324XStella:*Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?Rm:*well my model number wasn't listed I've got the SPH m830actually it is the 4th or 5th one that has done the same thing and I'm sick of it this time I don't up video inquiry that took me 3 months to do this video and I've been filming it every since that last phone quit and I have nothing to this phone to make it quit its called the Samsung GalaxyrushI need your help to get it replaced actually I have two of them sitting in front of me that have quit the same way they have no water damage they have not been dropped and I'm sick of paying $100 a pop to replace a phone that y'all should come over and I shouldn't have to pay to send it to you or do without a phone to send it to youStella:*Thank you for the model number.Stella:*I understand that you are trying to replace the device.Rm:*if I had the money that I paid for all of these phones I would be able to get a Samsung Galaxy S5 I am trying to replace the device but why should I do without a phone to send it to you first this is a repeating problem send me a phone and I'll send you both the other phones I have already spent the money why notStella:*I am sorry to inform you, Samsung do not offer any replacement of the phone's as it is a Samsung policy. However, you can send the device for repair to the Samsung service center, if the device is under warranty.Stella:*I am sorry for the inconvenience.Stella:*You can try for a loaner phone by contacting the carrier.Stella:*Before sending the device for repair, let me try to trouble shoot the issue.Stella:*Please let me know the issue which is exactly happening.Rm:*well who would I have to contact with Samsung to maybe that has the power just send me a phone because Boost Mobile will not give you a loaner phone they don't care about their customers either I've been loyal faithful fan of Samsung for years till I got this Samsung Galaxy rushwhy should I suffer for a cheaply made phone I have to work for a living I need my phone what would be the harm in sending me a phone and then repairing the other phone back I have always sent Samsung my phone on good faith why can't Samsung give me a loaner phone on good faithRm:*the phone just shuts off and then it will not turn back on it will not charge it will not turn on anyway fashion or form Rm:*Call me on this number I can't stand typing Rm:*504-473-6610Stella:*I am sorry to inform you, Samsung do not offer the loaner phone, as it is the samsung policy. We in live chat do not have any access to make a call to the customers.Stella:*We can raise a service ticket for the issue if all the troubleshooting steps for the issue is completed. Rm:*what steps need to be completed with the phone it will not turn onStella:*Do you have the previous service ticket number? Rm:*NO Rm:*raymealer@gmail.com is my email addressStella:*Okay!Stella:*We are sorry to inform that we do not have option to replace the device. We can raise the service ticket for the device if it is in warranty. Could you please provide the IMEI number of the device to check the warranty of the device. Rm:*this is like a red tape to make the customer give up rightStella:*Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment. Rm:*xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. AND xxxxxxxxxxxxxxStella:*Thank you. Rm:*is this a live person or am I talking to a computerStella:*I am Live person chatting with you.Stella:*I have checked the details for you.Stella:*As this IMEI number *xxxxxxxxxxxxxx device is having a liquid damage and it will not cover under the warranty of the phone.Stella:*The IMEI number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx device is Out of Warranty. We in live chat do not have access to file the service ticket for your device. Please contact our voice support team, as they will file a service ticket for you. I will provide you the contact details of our voice support team.Stella:*You can contact our voice support at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST).Stella:*Please contact our voice support team, as they will file a service ticket for your phone to repair. Rm:*it's not out of warrantyStella:*Yes, it is not under warranty.Rm:*why it's less than a year oldStella:*Do you have any purchase receipt with the IMEI number? Rm:*yes I doStella:*I will file a service ticket for your convenience. Please send the proof of purchase receipt of the device through the fax. So that they will check the device and extend the device warranty. Rm:*what about the other phoneStella:*I am sorry inform you, as the device had a liquid damage, it voids the warranty and it is a paid service. Rm:*the device does not have any liquid damageStella:*I have checked the IMEI number in the database, I see that your device had a liquid damage and it is returned from the Samsung service center.Rm:*in the water indicators are solid white it has not touched any waterStella:*You can check the details of that device exactly by contacting our voice support team. They know the device which component is damaged. Rm:*all I can tell you is don't buy a Samsung phone and thank God I didn't a major money for inexpensive samsung phoneStella:*I understand the difficulty that you are going through.Stella:*I can also understand how something like this can really test your patience.Rm:*no you don't see I'm like 400 dollars in the hole for us $70 a phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones