• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S 2 Battery Life

ponicpool

Lurker
Sep 1, 2011
Hello

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 which is 4 days old.

I have noticed that my battery consumption is high, I need to recharge my battery on a daily basis.

Are there any way of improving my battery life? If I update mu firmware, does it improves my battery life?

My version is as follows

Baseband I9100XXKF1 and phone model is GT-I9100

Any help is highly appreciable.

Thanks

I have the same phone and I'm getting a good days worth of use, but it does consume the juice. I bought an extra battery (which I'm thrilled that I can actually do that coming from an iPhone) and pop that in when I need it.

One of the ways that I conserve power is using a program called Screebl that will not let the screen timeout on you when you're holding it and using it, but it immediately shuts the screen off when you're not, instead of waiting for the preset timeout to occur. Believe it or not, those few seconds add up. I would give that a try. They have a free version and I have a paid version.

Question: did you install Samsung Kies and get it working? I can't get mine to recognize the phone, even though it's supported.

Upvote 0
I have the same phone and I'm getting a good days worth of use, but it does consume the juice. I bought an extra battery (which I'm thrilled that I can actually do that coming from an iPhone) and pop that in when I need it.

One of the ways that I conserve power is using a program called Screebl that will not let the screen timeout on you when you're holding it and using it, but it immediately shuts the screen off when you're not, instead of waiting for the preset timeout to occur. Believe it or not, those few seconds add up. I would give that a try. They have a free version and I have a paid version.

Question: did you install Samsung Kies and get it working? I can't get mine to recognize the phone, even though it's supported.

I always automatically turn the screen off when I'm done using it, so that's sort of not something that would help me... I figured everyone did that. XD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones