1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Samsung Galaxy S 2 - First Impressions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Puccagirl, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Puccagirl

Puccagirl Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    System Admin
    Cloverdale, BC
    Samsung Galaxy S 2 First Impressions after picking it up on Jul 21.

1) I can't find a case.

2) From a former blackberry user, I really miss the reliable "push email". I've had a hard time finding any apps that work as well as the email app no the blackberry.

3) Some email apps won't show up under social hub to give you the one click icon to see all your msgs, emails, etc.

4) What I think is cool is using the DLNA to send pics to your network connected TV and they instantly show up.

5) I had issues with the samsung email apps... they would not show embedded pictures which I receive from my q-see dvr.

6) Maybe it just me, but I get the impression that many of the android apps are much more expensive (some are way expensive) than apple iphone or blackberry apps.

7) I find the battery life is acceptable, but not extraordinary.

8) The blackberry syncs pretty well everything with your outlook and it does it very well. I receive weird duplicate and ongoing calendar alerts over and over even though I've snoozed them. Bug?

I think that the android OS is still relatively immature compared to Apple, and Blackberry. Hopefully it won't take long for android to be a strong contender to blackberry and apple.

I'm sort of on the fence wondering if I'll keep my samsung galaxy S 2 but will wait to see what the new iphone 5 is like.. and perhaps the next gen of Blackberry.

Advertisement