1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S 4g Hard Bricked. Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jgunz21z, Aug 8, 2011.

1. jgunz21z

jgunz21z Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    I've used odin to update my firmware to Gingerbread 2.3.3, when it had said successful i unplugged the phone then phone shut off unexpectedly. Since then phone does not turn on AT ALL or respond to any buttons. Is there anyway i can unbrick my phone?

Advertisement

2. untalented893

untalented893 Member
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Try pulling the battery, sd card, and sim card. Plug usb cord into your computer. Then while holding vol up + vol dwn plug your usb cable into your phone then put your battery in. That sometimes gets odin to recognize your phone which will allow you to flash.

If you ever get a black screen with different colored dots all scattered all over then that's a good sign of life. Flash with odin when in that screen

jgunz21z likes this.
  3. dariusf

dariusf Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    I was in the same situation couple of weeks ago. Flash went wrong and got hard bricked. Phone was dead. I send it in to get unbricked for $30 including flash to gingerbread. Got a phone back in 4 days including shipping. Send me PM and I can shoot you the contact details for the guy that did it.

4. jgunz21z

jgunz21z Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    Ive tried what you have said and nothing what so ever and i have tried it more than once. Ive sent it to samsung and they have it for a week and a half so far, still waiting on the repair price. Do you know an estimate of how much it would be?, cause they are taking a while to figure it out

5. ko08

ko08 Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2010
    Same problem after flashing that kernal my phone had that overstock splash screen went to galaxy splash screen an then went blank an only they lights came on had to buy another phone after that

6. ravirajak2789

ravirajak2789 Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Hi,

My phone is samsung galaxy s 4g. It became unresponsive completely. Please help me

7. wolverine74

wolverine74 Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2011
    Have you try wid dongle usb???? When i have brick my SGS Gt-I9000 i had made a self dongle usb, go to internet and search Dongle usb search on androidiani.com forum "GUIDA-Come-Sbricco-il-galaxys-tramite-usb-dongle" it's an italian guid, it's simple to build.

;D

8. xxopdtdoxx

xxopdtdoxx Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2011

Can you hook me up with your guy please? I've bricked it hard. nothing on screen except Galaxy splash screen. no charge nothing.

my phone is Tmobile samsung galaxy s 4g