1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy s connection lost during upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by indyflash, May 6, 2011.

1. indyflash

indyflash Lurker
    None

May 6, 2011
    I have 2 samsung galaxy s handsets.One for me and one for the other half. I recently downloaded the new Kies from the samsung website.
    I connected my phone and clicked to upgrade it- it asked to back up everything- I chose yes then it started upgrading. 20 mins later all done and fine.
    I then connected the second phone. it took a little longer to connect to kies but connected. again I opted for the upgrade and it asked if I wanted to back up before the upgrade. I chose yes again. The program showed it being backed up BUT after a few minutes a message came up saying the usb connection has been stopped/removed.
    I tried this a few times and then tried anothe PC in another house with the same results.
    Please help dont know whats going wrong
    :thinking::thinking:

Advertisement

2. lilien98

lilien98 Member
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Is the phone still working?

3. daindian

daindian Lurker
    None

May 7, 2011
    I had the same problem last week, i was runnig 2.2 on t-mobile uk with lag fix and z4root, i uninstalled, this and tried the upgrade to 2.21, it didnt work, got the same issue as you, so i re rooted and applied the lag fix, and then it worked, however, i had to to boot to recovery and do a factory reset, as the phone kept force closing, since then it works perfectly, but i was still geting lag, so i rooted using superoneclick and applied the lag fix, now facebook and ebay apps, dont work! I also phoned samsung regarding your issue when i had it THEY ARE USELESS, first person said 2.21 doesnt exist, second person said to send the phoen for repair!

4. indyflash

indyflash Lurker
    None

May 6, 2011
    Phone is still working but very slow most of the time.
    Sorry I am not very technical and do not really understand rooting or lag fix.