1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate from a BB Storm 1 (on cdma)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChrisRobin, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ChrisRobin

ChrisRobin Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    First post here... just switched from a BB Storm 1 on cdma to this Fascinate on 3g/hspa. I had done a comparison between the Iphone 4 and this one and somehow ended up staying with the Samsung. I think it's the fact that I can customize the layout and slightly bigger screen. I also had the choice of the HTC Desire.

Ok, what's the deal with the Facebook app?!: "Cannont retrieve the notifications. Please try again later (connection reset by peer)." It hasn't worked from day 1 which was last Friday.

Google maps: I almost started laughing at how google maps was as accurate as my BB Storm (radius of about a mile). I understand Samsung is working hard on an update. I tried GPS optimiser and GPS Booster and it seems to help a bit. I'll go ahead and buy the full version of GPS Booster since it's only $3.

Overall I'm happy with it. It's a fun phone. I don't have any lag issues yet since the phone is so new so I'll wait on the cpu overclocking. I had no idea you could do mods like that on non-blackberry and non-windows phones.

I'll search it but can someone tell me what I need to do to get one of my buttons to light up when I get a text or email notification??? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility