• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S firmware update to Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich

6188881_f260.jpg

If you are an unfortunate owner of a Samsung Galaxy S mobile then you have probably known that you are not getting the latest Android Ice Cream Sandwich update from Samsung. It is because of their complex Touchwiz launcher which runs over the basic Android they are unable to update it.:(

You can do it without samsung.

Samsung Galaxy S firmware update to Android 4.0

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Reactions: rayhipkiss
:thinking:
I really like this version, the only heavy issue has been to access my external sd card, at first I thought I would need to reformat, I could see the card in "system settings/storage/SD card", so I proceeded to select "Erase SD Card" but it formatted my internal SD not the external. Anyway when connected to the PC, I can see both, on the menu I can see both, but when I try with "OI File management" or "ES File explorer" just can't find it. And of course the folder "external_sd" was not there after the format. I created it but made no difference.
Help is appreciated if any of you can provide any guidance.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

I'm running 4.0.3 RC 4.2 form Team ICS SGS and its great except for an issue with 'Android OS' keeping the system awake and affecting battery life.
I think it may be caused by the Swype beta, but I'm still investigating.

Also the auto screen brightness doesn't work, so may swap kernels to one which does.

Overall its fast and smooth and means I don't yet need a new phone ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones