1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S I is restarting over and over

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fatzopilot, Jan 7, 2013.

1. fatzopilot

fatzopilot Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    Hi,

I know there are a lot of threads dealing with restart problems, but I'd like to add mine as I was able to distill a log of the boot process (using ADB, see [Apache Log] Android startup failure log - Pastebin.com) which should show the failure. Is there somebody who could shed some light on this issue? I can see there are error messages popping up but I am not able to identify the root cause.

Phone is Unrooted, provider branded, debug mode enabled, running the original Android 2.3.6. which came via Kies, and I just shut it down before the issue manifested. After I restarted it, it keeps rebooting. Could it be a failure of the flash memory? I stressed it a bit (I guess) doing lots of SQL inserts during the last days.
    How to go on? I have a backup that is about 2 months old, so doing something like a full reset or flashing a new ROM is doable, but of course it would be nicer if it just worked again.

Thanks
    fatzopilot

Advertisement

2. fatzopilot

fatzopilot Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    Just booted the recovery mode and it says: "Can't access to '/system/csc/DTM/system'". May this be part of the problem?

3. fatzopilot

fatzopilot Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    So finally I decided to do a factory reset that solved the issue. Stuff of the last 2 Months is lost, but now the phone feels much faster ;)