1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S i9000 SD card issues.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eva_sfe, Jun 17, 2011.

1. eva_sfe

eva_sfe Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Hello,

I 've just got an SD Card of 16GB. I thought that it would be better if i moved some apps to the external memory so as my phone response quicker than before.
    Since i moved some apps i 've experienced some issues.
    First, i ve organize my apps in the tabs in same way, after moving them in the external memory and rebooting my phone these apps are not in the way i put them and also two of shortcuts i had made disappeared.
    Secondly, i have the Android Assistant application which gives me the ability to boost my phone by deleting some useless data. After moving apps to the external and boosting my phone several times it shows me that it cleans a big amount of data which this didn't happen before. :(:(
    And last, even if i moved these apps the size of internal memory didnt change! Why is that?

If someone could help me please, before i break down my phone with my ignorance.

Ps :what are the pros and cons of moving apps to external memory :thinking:

Advertisement

2. stevenn21

stevenn21 Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    please tell me you didnt buy your sd card on ebay because if you did the chances of it being fake are about 90 percent even if they claim its genuine.
    fake cards cant hold data very well.
    check out this guy's review on amazon Dr. Sanjeev Sharma
    his review will help you identify fake sd cards from genuine ones.
    here is the link:
    SanDisk microSDHC 32GB Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

also look at the pictures at the top of the page theese are part of his review.

let me know how you get on!

3. eva_sfe

eva_sfe Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Yes i did! :(
    After your response i spend two days searching on the internet ways to spot a fake sd card. i even use a program called h2testw which in some way can find if there are any issues with your card. I tested mine but even if i searched the result i couldnt find what was the meaning of the error.
    Instead,i tested an old sd card which i bought from a store and there were no errors at all. This made me suspicious about the new card. The size of it (16GB) is approximately that much, so regarding the size there are no doubts about it..

Is there any thread informing the normal function of sd card?
    Also,should we use an sd card only for saving pictures,music and movies?
    I am soooo confused! :(:(

ps: thank you soooo much for your response! :D