• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S II Launching in 120 Regions, 10 Million Units Expected to Ship in 2011 [This Sounds

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
The folks at Samsung are celebrating the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S2 in their home town of Seoul right now and the president of Samsung Mobile – JK Shin – had some words to day. The most interesting thing to come out of his mouth was that the Samsung Galaxy S II would be [...]

More...

This will be the best phone of the year IMHO. Early reviews are very good. Big question is what versions will be release for the US. Being stuck on Verizon, I expect it to be gimped somehow and very late to the game. But at this point I will likely wait until this phone is available on Verizon to upgrade from my DX.

Upvote 0
Hmmmmm new units of the Galaxy S...... so what about the rest of us who have the first unit and Samsung used us as product testers? my Galaxy S lags so bad i almost want to throw it, why cant the fix it?

Samsung is known to throw old users to the curbside. Once a newer product comes out you can pretty much forget about your device seeing another update (the exception is the Nexus S for obvious reasons).

Looks like nice hardware but with TouchWiz, it's still a fail.

Upvote 0
Hmmmmm new units of the Galaxy S...... so what about the rest of us who have the first unit and Samsung used us as product testers? my Galaxy S lags so bad i almost want to throw it, why cant the fix it?

I hear ya buddy!!! You know what i hate about a comment like this, are the d-bags that come in and are like "stop bitching and just root and rom your phone already" Even though I am rooted and rom'd, it shouldn't be up to a dev to make a $500 phone act like one. This is the one thing that scares me about the gs2 but the specs are just too sexy for me not to consider this a replacement device.

Upvote 0
tried rooting but got the verification failure, point is why should i have to root a 4 month old phone because the manufacture got it wrong, considering taking it back, over here its a $NZ1000 phone love android and this phone...... HATE SERIOUS LAG

Verification failure?

What version of the phone? what firmware? what method did you use to root it?

Theres a whole Galaxy S section here, if you need help just ask there

Samsung is known to throw old users to the curbside. Once a newer product comes out you can pretty much forget about your device seeing another update (the exception is the Nexus S for obvious reasons).

Looks like nice hardware but with TouchWiz, it's still a fail.

Then use another launcher, this is so easy to change.

I really like Touchwiz and the new version has got very positive reviews. :D

This will be the best phone of the year IMHO. Early reviews are very good. Big question is what versions will be release for the US. Being stuck on Verizon, I expect it to be gimped somehow and very late to the game. But at this point I will likely wait until this phone is available on Verizon to upgrade from my DX.

Yep, i'm curious how US carriers are going to screw this one up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones