1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Samsung Galaxy S II vs. iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bucsfan, Oct 23, 2011.

1. bucsfan

bucsfan Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    The build quality and durability of the iPhone 4S should match up with that of its predecessor (iPhone 4); both devices are built with glass in the front and back. This use of glass makes the brand new Apple device very vulnerable to drops. Though we could predict the results, the guys at ElectronicsBreak still couldn’t stop themselves from performing some teeth-clenching tests.
    People have been saving their cash and kids have been begging their parents for the brand new iPhone 4S. Apple sold over 4 million devices over just this past weekend. One of them was purchased only to be broken. These guys put the iPhone 4S to the test against one of the most popular Android devices of the year, the Samsung Galaxy S II with Gorilla Glass and a build quality that many complain about.
    Yes, the Samsung Galaxy S II might be light, thin and have more of a “plasticky” build, but it sure beats the iPhone 4S when dropped straight onto a concrete floor. After making a round of 3 drops on each device, Samsung’s device leaves the stage with nothing but a few scratches and other minor wounds. The iPhone 4S did not have the same luck; both sides were completely shattered.
    Get your popcorn ready and watch the below video. It makes for a great start to your week. Then hit the comments and let us know what you think. What device would you prefer? Do you think durability is a major factor when choosing a device? Do you have “butter fingers” and drop your phone often? Should Apple have redesigned the new iPhone to be stronger? Isn’t it great seeing the iPhone shatter?
    iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Test - YouTube

Advertisement

DrCaleb and NSXLA like this.
  2. JJR87

JJR87 Lurker
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    fcukin LOVE SquareTrade!

3. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    of course the GS2 was gonna win because the iphone is as heavy as a brick. and you know what the say "the heavier they are, the harder they fall":D

4. adaaaam

adaaaam Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    Male
    San Francisco
    Clicking the uploaders channel led to some electronics insurance company I think. Felt like I'm being sold something like their reliable warranty services our something...

5. androidninja

androidninja Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Male
    Chef
    Virginia
    Couldnt of said it better my friend!! :)

6. elchinoloco

elchinoloco Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    and the GS2 is bigger so it is more air resistant.:D

7. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    Network Engineer
    Madison, Wi
    Your speetest pic.... I don't like you....

8. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    I bought the Epic 4G Touch for my son about a month ago. This morning he was walking across a parking lot and dropped his phone. He had ordered a case for it but it doesn't arrive until next week. The entire face of the phone completely shattered, including leaving lots of tiny shards of glass. Luckily I have the insurance on the phone, but I was shocked at how thoroughly the screen shattered. Does the Sprint SGS2 not have the Gorilla Glass? I realize it is still glass, but after all the talk about it, I thought it would be tougher than this. Maybe he was just unlucky enough that it landed in just the right spot. Oh well. Now i just have to wait for the replacement. Still irritated that I can't just exchange it at the Sprint store.

9. jamesonjc

jamesonjc Lurker
    None

Oct 13, 2011
    I have been waiting for my replacement phone (not dropped just defective) for over 10 days, heres to hoping you have better luck.......

10. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Android Expert
    None

All phones break......period.

11. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Really? I thought Gorilla Glass made phones indestructible. Are you trying to tell me that putting a screen protector on my phone won't protect it if I drop it off the Empire State Building? Man, what a rip off!
    :)

12. 2ndaccord

2ndaccord Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 19, 2010
    I use a cheap tpu case on all my phones. I dropped my evo on concrete more than once and no issues. I have dropped my epic touch on tile twice and once on concrete and don't have any visible damage at all. Not even a scratch.