• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S - Indian thread

I downloaded DXJV9 from samsung firmware. The zip file just had one tar file, I tried flashing with that by using it as the PDA, a 512 PIT file and leaving CSC and PHONE files blank but it gave an error while bootong after the phone was reset "error in /cache/recovery/sec_csc.zip status 7". Then I read somewhere that I can use the same tar file as the CSC and downloaded a modem.bin for the PHONE. This again gave an error while flashing itself, it said error in some line number.

Did the Eclair that you downloaded have just one tar file, which version of Eclair? or did it have the CSC,PHONE and PIT files as well? I am currently downloading eclair DXJF4, and keeping my fingers crossed.

Upvote 0
I downloaded DXJV9 from samsung firmware. The zip file just had one tar file, I tried flashing with that by using it as the PDA, a 512 PIT file and leaving CSC and PHONE files blank but it gave an error while bootong after the phone was reset "error in /cache/recovery/sec_csc.zip status 7". Then I read somewhere that I can use the same tar file as the CSC and downloaded a modem.bin for the PHONE. This again gave an error while flashing itself, it said error in some line number.

Did the Eclair that you downloaded have just one tar file, which version of Eclair? or did it have the CSC,PHONE and PIT files as well? I am currently downloading eclair DXJF4, and keeping my fingers crossed.

I downloaded JG4 as that was my stock firmware. It had just 1 tar file. Also 512 pit is what is suited for JG4. (u need to make sure u have the appropriate pit file as well). Loaded the tar in the PDA section. Left the others as blank. Checked OFF the "F.Reset Time" checkbox. And all went well :)

Upvote 0
Hello all users, I am trying to update the firmware to KF3.. it downloaded the firmware but since then,I can only see 'Prepare for firmware upgrade ... Preparation for GT-I9100 fw upgrade will proceed'. Its over 1 hour now. Not sure if I should unplug the usb and try again. Please help!

Even I used to face the same problem while upgrading to gingerbread. But later i realized tht it depends on ur internet connection. I have two different internet connections at my place - 1. MTNL & 2.Local Net.
Whenever I try to upgrade thru Local Net, it gets stuck on that message, whereas when I try to upgrade using MTNL, I face no problem in upgrading. I have faced this problem twice, so Im sure about it now.

Upvote 0
I want to use Droid India Font on XXJVQ. If I update to XXJVQ, I lose my India fonts which I have got after a long wait in DDJV9? Actually, I tried to install XXJVQ and then pasted Droid India font from DDJV9 after roring the XXJVQ phone, so that I can get high performance and speed of XXJVQ and Indian languges (I have tried Marathi, Hindi, Gurmukhi, Malyalam, Tamil, Telugu and Bangla etc.) from DDJV9, but that didn't work. I saw only the rectangular boxes. When I renamed Droid India font to DroidSansFallback and replaced the original DroidSansFallback Font in XXJVQ, it gave me the errors in choti e ki matra and half letters in Hindi. Can you give some other solution so that I have XXJVQ but am able read Indian scripts correctly on my phone?

Upvote 0
I downloaded JG4 as that was my stock firmware. It had just 1 tar file. Also 512 pit is what is suited for JG4. (u need to make sure u have the appropriate pit file as well). Loaded the tar in the PDA section. Left the others as blank. Checked OFF the "F.Reset Time" checkbox. And all went well :)

Can you point me to where you got the JG4 from? I was able to load a XXJVK which is a korean version of 2.3.3. This firmware drains battery like mad, want to get rid of it as fast as possible. And one more thing, was the repartition option checked?

Upvote 0
hi...guys
i want to know few features n differences between s and s lcd 4gb..!!

is the led screen better or lcd..?? do they play hd games..??

do these both phones support tv output..??

are they upgradeable to gingerbread 2.3..??

n do the processors n ram perform almost equal..??

n do they both support flash..n voice input??

which one should i go for..

thanks in advance..!!

Upvote 0
Hi there, I already bought mine. Great phone, the performance is good but the build quality could have been better. I sat there thinking alot about the htc sensation and the s2, I decided the s2 being slimmer is my choice. Lack of camera button puts off many, but I never use the camera on my phone. So it's alright. The screen is good, but be are off the camera lens, it can get scratched as there is no protection for it. Anything else about the phone, ask me I will tell u guys.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S and I hope u will be able to help me out. I had long back upgraded from Eclair to DOC Froyo (I9000XXJPP, FROYO_DOC_V8_JPO, Kernel: 2.6.32.9 hardcore@speedmod-k9a-256hz#191). Now I want to upgrade to Gingerbread, but I am not sure how to go about this. In kies the firmware upgrade is disabled. Please do advice me on this.
PS: I had also applied some lag-fixes but cant remember them right now.

Upvote 0
Hi guys this is Ishan from Bangalore using my Samsung Galaxy S which is 4 months old. Iam using the Tata Docomo network & until a few days back i did not have any problem
Now though the GPRS symbol of the two arrows disappears suddenly even though my data packets are on & will not change for a long time. I have to restart the cell 7-8 times for the symbol to re-appear. This is extremely frustrating as this happens very often now & completely out of the blue, usually accompanied by the network unavailable symbol for a while.
I have tried the Factory settings reset but am still facing the issue. I dont know if its a problem with my phone or with my network provider, sim card or something else.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

user_online.gif

progress.gif

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I have been using Airtel GPRS connection with the pre-paid option for quite some time. I have been encountering a serious problem with the data connection since the beginning of this week. Though the cell-phone signal is quite strong, the data connection suddenly drops, only to come back in a few seconds. This causes a notification to popup which shows the balance of the data plan. When this happens while I'm traveling, there are a ton of these messages stacked on each other, and I have to dismiss all of them manually.
More than the frustration with the popups, I'm wondering why the connection issue is suddenly showing up now. I haven't made any system level changes and am within the city. Not sure if this could be because of the SIM.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have been running Froyo 2.2.1 on my SGS since almost a year. I am thinking of upgrading to Gingerbread. Which would be the best and stable build for India to which i can upgrade now? This is my current config :

Model : GT-I9000
Firmware version : 2.2.1
Baseband version: I9000DDJP2
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 ( curio@carton #Voodoo_stable_5.4.2)
Build Number : Rom Kitchen v 11.1-ZSJPK

PDA: I9000ZSJPK
PHONE:I9000DDJP2
CSC:I9000ODDJG4

Thanks,
Pradeep.

Upvote 0
Hi Fellas,
I dropped my galaxy S (i9000) on the pavement and the result was a cracked front glass. The inner screen is intact and the display and touch functionalilities are working perfectly fine.

Now, does anyone know about the glass replacement in India ?? The display module, unfortunately, comes as a LCD + digitizer module combined which is costly (100$+) while the glass cost is around 10-20$. However, as some of you might be knowing, the front glass is glued to the digitiser module and the replacement of the glass is a complex procedure.
Do you guys know anyone/any place in India where this can be done ? I stay in Bangalore.

Thanks
Nishant

Upvote 0
That IMEI means that your phone is in lockdown mode, as the IMEI partition has got corrupted. Don't ask me how, cause I'm not sure.

Anyway, you *may* be able to restore your original IMEI by having a look here: COMPLETE IMEI RESTORE HOW-TO

To all others who are messing with Odin/rooting etc, as a precautionary measure, PLEASE PLEASE backup your /efs partition using the following methods:

Code:
su
busybox tar zcvf /sdcard/efs-backup.tar.gz /efs
and

Code:
su
cat /dev/block/stl3 > /sdcard/efs_dev-block-stl3.img
This will come handy if you ever face IMEI corruption.

Please tell me if you want to be helpfull, WHERE do I ENTER these COMMANDS ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones