• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S - Indian thread

sorry bro, i don't think i will be doing a full review,because there are tons of reviews and impressions online and even if i do a review i'll just be stating the same fatcs and figures over and over again.Thank you though.

but a few more things i noticed,--
1.I dropped the phone(not on purpose) on the road while walking,and nothing happend.I guess it's the plastic body coming into play and absorbing the impact.
2.battery life on heavy usage was more than a day(i mean really heavy--wifi on,a full movie watched,music,internet,downloads, etc).
3.Samsung apps are really few,but high quality.
4.I don't think there are any games in the market which could test the graphical capabilities of the phone(little disappointed),and yes asphalt 5 plays really well.
5.The usb port has an opening and closing shutter(i don't know if it is available in other countries as well).
6.It does not come with any software,Samsung kies has to be downloaded(137 mb) and it's not really good,id even say useless.
7.Performance in sunlight is much better compared to my samsung jet which has amoled.
8.You can still see the screen surprisingly well with the brightness all the way down(my iphone can't do that because it has backlighting)
thanks guys.

Upvote 0

Yeah.. damn I forgot..

thanks krammikk, you are giving all good feedback tempting lots (including me) to buy this asap :)

and HD2 have 1GHZ very good hardware BUT it runs win 6.5 which is horrible, I own omnia 2, hate win 6.1 I wish it had android 2.1 :)

I am totally agree that HD2 runs win 6.5 and It's horrible. Agreed..Otherwise that phone will rock the android market.

Upvote 0
well guys,...initial impresssions--
4. gps takes some time inside the house,but outdoors it's pretty good.

GPS device need a sky view to get the satellite signals. The signals cannot pass that well inside house because of ceiling obstacle. When you're in a car or something it can easily reach to GPS device. So device have to struggle to get GPS signal inside house.

Upvote 0
yeah nexus one has it's own advantages,you will be the first one to get updates,samsung will probably be the last one to get it, but i hope we just get 2.2 anything more than that and i would really be surprised.

on a side note guys--The views i expressed in all my posts are solely my own,i do not mean to mislead anyone in anyway,you might not like a few features that i like or vice-versa ,i might just be in overlooking a few probs because i just spent 28k on a phone and might not want to point to the negatives of the phone.In the end every phone has it's postives and negatives, in this phone the positives clearly overshadow the negatives and that is why i purchased it.Just go with your gut feeling.

Upvote 0
yeah nexus one has it's own advantages,you will be the first one to get updates,samsung will probably be the last one to get it, but i hope we just get 2.2 anything more than that and i would really be surprised.

on a side note guys--The views i expressed in all my posts are solely my own,i do not mean to mislead anyone in anyway,you might not like a few features that i like or vice-versa ,i might just be in overlooking a few probs because i just spent 28k on a phone and might not want to point to the negatives of the phone.In the end every phone has it's postives and negatives, in this phone the positives clearly overshadow the negatives and that is why i purchased it.Just go with your gut feeling.

Yeah.. right.. but that was your personal view. It's fine I think..

Upvote 0
Congrats arvind! Have fun taming your beast! ;)

Can anyone confirm if it can play 1080p vids? Or at least 720p vids (Profile 4.0, mkv)? Because I watch a lot of anime, and most of them come out in the 720p Profile 4.0 format every week... It would be great if I could copy them onto the phone directly rather than having to convert them first.

Upvote 0
hey guys, good evening. got my Galaxy S from the same place in bangalore, now burning midnight oil trying to play with it, lots of questions cropping up in my mind (my first tryst with android, have been on blackberry all along!!), Can I install Yahoo messenger? how do i sync my outlook contacts? I heard on some other forum that we will not be able to upgrade this to Froyo (not that i am bothered for the timebeing) etc etc...but one thing is certain, the phone ROCKS (Read that in caps, bold and font size of 72 atleast :D). Having a tough time concentrating on brazil vs chile match :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones