1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General samsung galaxy s sgh-i896 wet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bl4nk3t, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Bl4nk3t

Bl4nk3t Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011
    Hey there. I'd like to start out by saying that im really dumb! I can't believe i did this. I work as a flagger an one night i was working in the rain. I didnt realize that my phone was getting wet from the rain and when i got off my shift I tried to use my phone thinking that just the outside got wet from the few seconds i had it out of my pocket in the rain. the touch screen was unresponsive at first so i dried it off and waited till i got into my car to use it. then i tried again and i could get into the phone but when i tried to use the phone the back button started tweaking and i couldn't do anything cause it just kept going back. it also did this anytime i went from the home screen. still being an idiot i left it on until i got home. (id like to mention on the way home i got a phone call that i answered and it worked just fine.) but when i got home i tried again to use my phone and it did the same thing. ONLY THEN did i realize that maybe it got wet inside (see? dumb.) when i opened it up sure enough there was a little bit of water inside which i dried off and left my phone apart for a few hours. later that day something happened (more bad luck) and I put it back together and turned it on. it works just fine except the bottom four buttons (the search, home, back and what ever the other button is) didnt light up and were unresponsive. i took it appart again and left it over night. i tried again this afternoon and the buttons were the same so i put it in rice thinking A) there might be some more water B) i'm an idiot and fried the wiring for the buttons.

So what Im trying to say is that is there anything I can do at home to fix this or should i take it somewhere to get repaired or am I SOL?

Advertisement