• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S (snail) legal challenge

If you can't root then you can flash a new rom with Odin How to Use ODIN to Flash Your Samsung Galaxy S

I'd recommend trying a custom rom before you return the phone. You can always flash back to a stock rom if you still want to return it.

A good rom completely changes how the phone feels and works. I'd recommend trying Darky's rom [ROM] Darky's Gingerbread Edition. Installing a custom rom isn't as complicated as you'd think, and there's a huge community both here and on Darky's site who will help and guide you through the process.

One of the problems with the Galaxy was the speed, but one of its strengths is the developer community.

Upvote 0
Ah. The one thing I was going to say is to make sure that you can get your phone into download and recovery mode using the three button method.

If you can't its possible to enter download mode through other software (ADK -Android Developers Kit) and then to flash a rom which has the three button method enabled.

There is another fix here [FIX] Release: 3-button combo fix for any firmware version - xda-developers but it seems more complicated.

You can always ask the retailer to replace the handset (or at least fix the firmware) as it technically is not fully functioning if the recovery mode is disabled.

Upvote 0
conversation today with Samsung....."how do I do a hard reset" "you cant its been disabled" unless you use the software reset, well what if Kies fails?
'send it back to us" its been disabled to stop rooting...................second question to Samsung "this has horrendous lag including up to 10 seconds to access contacts, what is samsung doing about it?" "sorry sir we have never heard of this problem, we use the phones here with no problems" but its a well known issue based around the Samsung architecture.... "our phones dont lag"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones