1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S stuck at startup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bubu88, Apr 27, 2012.

1. bubu88

bubu88 Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2012
    Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) and earlier today, after repeatedly being asked to force close certain applications, I turned off my phone hoping that re-starting it would fix the issue. However, when I tried to turn it back on, it just kept flashing at the startup "Galaxy S" logo, and would not go beyond this point. I tried removing the battery and turning it back on, however it just continues to flash at the same spot, and only removing the battery stops this.

Does anyone know if there is any way to somehow fix this issue, or at least recover the photos from the internal sd? The phone is replaceable, but the photos are not and I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    @bubu88

You should be able to reflash the firmware using Odin and the correct firmware files found SamMobile Firmware Page

There are some howto guides on that site as well but if you get stuck I'll gladly offer any assistance you made need. Just to let you know, flashing a new firmware will not delete your photos but it will delete your apps.

All the best.

Ray.