1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung galaxy s stuck in boot loop; recovery mode helpppp meeee!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Taylorrene, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Taylorrene

Taylorrene Lurker

I have a samsung galaxy s showcase ( SCH i500 ) and its stuck in recovery. like to turn it off, i have to take the battery out. it wont reboot to ANYTHING but recovery mode. I "temporarily" rooted it with z4 root, which i have done tons of times before. I HAVE MY PHONE FLASHED OVER FROM CELLULAR SOUTH TO CRICKET. I dont know if i accidentally unflashed it or something..?!?!?!?! i rooted it, opened root explorer, and i changed the name of a read-only system app. I dont know if that matters.. i have NO idea what i did that caused THIS to happen, i am sosososooooo worried that i ruined it forever... :( :( :( !!! I dont know if this matters, but i changed the permissions ( i dont even know what that does... ughughugh. i unchecked EXECUTABLE on all the boxes for that app. ) the app i messed with was just the "carhome" app ?? idk if that has to do with it... buttt yeah i also extracted it or something ?! i have no idea WHAT I HAVE DONE!!! i downloaded kies, but my computer has NEVER recognized or even detected this phone at all, even with kies. I can plug in the miniSD card to my computer if i can fix anything from ther???

HELLLP!
    :( !!!! PLEASE !

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

did you fix it?

3. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

try flashing darky rom resurection with odin then start again if you dont know how to let us know

4. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

and dont stress its not really broken

5. Taylorrene

Taylorrene Lurker

um thats the problem :/ i dont know what odin is. i dont know how to flash a phone. i dont know how to do like anything. i dont even know what a ROM is !!! ugh im sorryyy , if anyonee could explain it to me id appreciate it SO SO much. I dont even know where to begin on anything..

6. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

7. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

then make sure you have kies installed on your computer Kies Samsung this installs drivers you will need

8. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

then grab your phone with it turned off and do this, hold down the volume DOWN button also the home button then hold the power button your phone may protest but you should end up with a yellow triangle on the screen saying download mode

9. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

now unzip the package resurrection using something like winzip in there you will find a small file called Odin, on your computer go ctrl alt del and bring up the menu

10. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

start task manager and go to processes, stop anything that says kies, plug your phone into your usb plug and double click on odin

11. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

you will see a screen come up and it will show a yellow bar meaning you phone has been found, if not try a different usb port

12. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

BASE - [ODIN] DarkyROM 10.2 Resurrection GT-I9000 | DarkyROM on this thread you will see instructions on how to flash it, it can be hard to understand what they mean but come back here and ask if you are unsure, the time here for me is 12.33pm I will be home from work after 4 but you can contact me instantly on gtalk which is tony.cooper655 at gmail.com via my phone so I can help of course change the at to @ for my email, trying to avoid spam

13. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Member

hey just be carefull as this is not a galaxy S I9000?

14. lokito777

lokito777 Lurker

Hi i have a cellphone nexus s yesterday i try to root and i try to open it but it is always stck in clockworkmod can someone help please :(

15. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

Thread moved to "all things root" section
    Thanks for understanding :)

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews