1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S(T959): Not recognized by Kies: Please advice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashwinsamsung, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ashwinsamsung

ashwinsamsung Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    First of all would like to Thank to all the senior members/moderators and every one who posts such helpful info here to make things really easy for all users!! HATTS OFF to all!!

Coming to my problem: I had purchased a used Samsung Gravity S Vibrant T959 2 days back and wanted some help(as i am a new user with Android phones). I am facing below issues, can someone please help??

1) Phone doesn't get recognized by Kies: Whenever i connect my phone to my pc and try to use Kies, it says device not recognized. Have downloaded the latest version of Kies, but still it doesn't recognizes my phone.Can someone please help me here?
    NOTE: Have rooted and unlocked my phone too.

2) How to move apps to SD card: Can someone please help me move apps to SD card? I tried to download app called App2SD, but it doesn't work with Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S(this app works on my HTC, but not on Samsung) Can someone help me here?

3) My phone has RAM of 512MB RAM, but most of the time phone shoes more than 300MB used(even if i am not running any apps, nor in background). Can some one suggest something to make phone a bit faster?

Again Many thanks and HATTS OFF to all experts who make things easy for others by there expert advice/suggestions!!

Advertisement

2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Did you reboot both the phone and the computer after installing Kies? Did you also get the USB driver for the phone? Driver is not marked for specific phone on Samsung site.