• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S : White line on screen / Damaged AMOLED Display

sandeep.s

Oct 28, 2010
I bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy S on 8th October 2010 in Bangalore, India..

two weeks later my screen developed a bright white line on the bottom. ( see pic attached )

I have not dropped or mishandled the phone in any way.

I took it to the nearest samsung service centre... they told me that the display needs to be replaced ... They say that the phone display is out of stock and they dont know by when it will be available.

I feel really cheated ... after purchasing such an expensive phone one never expects it to malfunction in less than 2 weeks...

And samsungs customer care reps very conveniently replied that they dont know when it will be in stock and to keep in touch via calls.....

So much for buying an amazing phone.....

If you guys have any suggestions or if its a software related defect plz let me know ... its really sad to see such an ugly line on a beautiful phone ...

http://twitpic.com/30i9ev

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 650
Since the problem surfaced after you flashed your phone it *can* be a software issue but I am not sure.

Did the samsung people told they would replace the screen free of cost? If yes then they might be delaying by saying it is out of stock.

Around 1 month back I had enquired about the Galaxy S display screen and the service centre gave me a quote of 18,000 Rs! So I ordered another screen from ebay which costs around 2700 Rs.

Upvote 0
They said they will replace it for free as its a brand new phone. The screen shortage issues seems genuine.

The phone was very hard to find when i purchased it. I went to more than 10 retailers and finally one small shop had 2 pieces left and I picked up one.

Even on Samsung India's twitter page they have said that the phone is out of stock and replacement is expected soon.

So I hope these guys fix it for free....

Upvote 0
I brought new samsung gt s 5570. just after two weeks there is a line on top of my screen.

I have not dropped the phone in any way.
Can anyone tel me wat do ..plz help:(

As with the OP and others, the screen is defective and must be replaced. As your phone is only two weeks old, suggest you get it repaired or replaced under warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones