1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S won't connect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hadly, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Hadly

Hadly Newbie
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Hey guys.

Bought a Galaxy S, model GT-I9000M. When I first used the phone, I added all of my music and what not via a friends computer running Windows Vista.

Now, a couple months later, I'm attempted to update my music, and my computer at home which is running Windows XP will not detect it at all. When I plug in my phone, it detects I'm plugged into a computer. I've tried turning USB debugging on and off multiple times. It's set to automatically come up as mass storage and I'm able to turn that on and off via my phone. But Windows explorer will just straight up not find it.

I've tried reinstalling Kies, installing drivers, trying multiple USB ports, and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. UTR

UTR Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    If you have a wifi network install es file explorer and click on lan and you can browse any shared folders on your network.

The option to change how the phone is detected is under settings > wireless and network > usb settings and not usb debugging. The three options are kies, media player (for syncing from within windows media player) and usb mass storage. Also just take a look under device manager and see if the phone is being detected properly.

UTR

3. Hadly

Hadly Newbie
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Where do I find the Device Manager?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. But it doesn't seem to be coming up in the device list, as far as I can tell.