1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S won't work, turns on but that's it.. NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jessalyn34, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Jessalyn34

Jessalyn34 Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    Hi Everyone!

My Samsung Galaxy S went dead after the battery died, and then I left it off for two days. I plugged it in, fully charged the battery and now it turns on, and just after it shows the glowing S as part of the start up, the screen goes black. The arrow and menu buttons at the bottom are lit up so I know it's on and working, but it won't load up for use. I've taken out the battery and put it back in. When I hold down the vol button, power botton, and middle button on the front lower screen, it goes to a screen that says "Downloading...Don't turn off target!"

WHAT IS WRONG and how do I fix this?:(

Advertisement

2. nedamdam

nedamdam Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 21, 2010
    Internet Marketing
    Slovakia
    You have few options and depends how you want to handle that situation.

First of all, are you stock, without customizations /root/custom kernel/lagfix? and with warranty? If this is the case, why wont you bring it in for repairs? You didnt do nothing wrong. You shouldnt have to fix it.

Have you customized your rom (root/custom kernel/recovery/lagfix etc) or on a custom rom?) Did you try to get to the recovery menu? Which is the same as the download one which you can get into , just its not volume down but volume UP. If that so, try to do a factory reset

If all this fails and your phone is customized ergo you are afraid to bring it to repairs or you dont have the warranty. Its very good news you have the download mode. You can search some guides here or over at xda for how to flash some firmware over your broken one with Odin/Heimdall :)

3. Jessalyn34

Jessalyn34 Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2010
    I factory reset my phone this morning (by pressing volume up, power button, and front screen enter button). Saved all my contacts to my sim card so I was lucky.. everything else reset but my phone works so I'm happy!