1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Samsung galaxy S?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Oinodis, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Oinodis

Oinodis New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Hi! just would like to hear your idea about that...I recentely have seen the Samsung Galaxy S and , well, was really impressed about that!:) Then I have seen the new HTC Desire and heard good rumors about that. So, I was wondering, which one would you take as an alternative to the iPhone 4G? I have seen some price alternatives for Samsung
    Contract Mobile Phones galaxy s: compare models and prices contract mobile phones galaxy s. - ShoppyDoo
    and HTC
    Contract Mobile Phones htc desire: compare models and prices contract mobile phones htc desire. - ShoppyDoo

for the UK market, as I live in London.
    What would you take if you were in my shoes?
    Ta guys,
    Oinodis

Advertisement

2. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    CA, USA
    I have three current Smartphones.

1- iPhone 4
    2- Galaxy S / AT&T version: Captivate
    3- Droid X

My favorite by a wide margin is the Galaxy S

It's 4.0" Super AMOLED Display, and excellent build quality are just two reasons I find it the best. There is no perfect choice, simply the one that you like. The combination of features, sleek size and light weight are the hallmarks of the Galaxy S that make it the best for me. Topped off by the best display that I've seen makes it my go to device every time.

3. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    I have the Galaxy S Captivate and simply put it's an awesome phone. There are some issues that you should be made aware of:

1. GPS does not work on this phone. Samsung has a fix coming out "soon"
    2. There is a lag issue, but that is very easily fixed via rooting. And there's an app that roots and applies a lag fix. You can get the app from the market, it's called One Click Lag Fix. And it does a really good job too.

Other than that, I haven't had any issues with it. Some people complain about TouchWiz, but I honestly didn't have any issues with it. I didn't mind it, I didn't hate it or love it. I use Launcher Pro and it works perfectly.

4. Browse around here:

Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums

and here:

HTC Desire - Android Forums

my friend... you'll see posts from users of those devices.. it may help you decide, or at least give you another factor or two. ;)