1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung Galaxy S

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rose68, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Rose68

Rose68 Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Administration
    Queensland Australia
    Hi, I am new to Android phones and finding it quite confusing and have lots of questions. Things I took for granted in my basic phone don't seem to be available in this much higher tech phone; ie how do I delete all contacts, how do I sync my contact and calendar with Outlook; Can I have more information in my contacts than just their phone number and email address - addresses, notes, birthdays etc. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

All the things you're looking for are typically available with Android...

The easiest way I know to delete multiple contacts (using the default Gmail account) is to go to the web interface of GMail and delete from there. Otherwise you can use a third party app from the Android Market like "Contact Remover"...

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.octabode.dcfd&feature=search_result

Sync'ing directly with Outlook requires a piece of third party software. Check out apps like "The missing Sync"...

Android Sync Software for HTC EVO, Nexus One, Droid, Hero and Other Android Phones

To access more information in contacts, you'll find an expansion point called "More". Click on it to get access to the additional contact details...