1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung galaxy S2 battery-Is something wrong with my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Amagrace, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Amagrace

Amagrace Lurker

My phone battery drains very quickly and I have barely used the phone. I still use my old phone, so I haven't used the phone a lot, only a couple of times to download apps and send texts. I got it a couple of weeks(2-3 weeks now) ago and it seems like the battery drains when it's been on for less than 24 hours. Like if I charge this evening, the battery is dead by the evening of the next day. I tried to change the power settings to the lowest, turn off wifi when i'm not using it and so on. Is this normal for samsung galaxy s2 phones or is my phone different?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

I get about 16 hours out of my SGS2 battery under moderate use, heavy use tops out too about 10-12 hours.

3. Amagrace

Amagrace Lurker

I guess it's normal then? My other phone, which is not a smartphone but a samsung phone, I can usually use it for 3 days before the battery dies, so I was a bit worried with this one.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Moved post to the samsung galaxy s2 forum, hope your question is answered quickly

5. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

It's absolutely normal. On days when I am tinkering with my phone and testing stuff I have even recharged thrice a day. Some days with light use it's lasted upto 30+ hrs on a single charge.

Please do not compare it's battery with a non-smartphone.

Couple of things to note:
    Screen is your biggest battery drain.
    Talktime (i.e. phone in use) is next.
    Bloatware and other apps running in the background are next.

Search through the forum, there are various posts regarding battery on the SGS2.

6. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

A feature phone (non-smartphone) will go a long way on a battery charge, usually due to a slow CPU/small screen/not running many apps etc....Now that you have a smartphone you have entered into a new realm. Carry a charger with you and/or buy a spare battery. Welcome.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews