1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Bluetooth car connection keeps dropping since 4.1.2 upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tkk2711, Jul 9, 2013.

1. tkk2711

tkk2711 Lurker

Hi,

I have seen similar threads before, but as yet have not see a definitive answer. Hope someone can help.

I upgraded the operating system on my Galaxy S2 to Jellybean 4.1.2 a few weeks ago when it popped up as an option one day when I turned on wifi. Since then I have had problems with the Bluetooth connection in my car. It worked perfectly well before the upgrade and used to work fine with my old Samsung Jet. When I turn it on it connects ok to the car radio system. But after a approx 30 secs the connections disappears, the radio blanks out for a couple of seconds and then the Bluetooth reconnects. This happens continually and as you can imagine is very annoying - I no longer use the Bluetooth in my car. I have tried various things, un-pairing and then re-pairing my device, clearing the cache in the Bluetooth Share and Bluetooth Test on my phone, but nothing works! I haven't done a factory reset - as have seen mentioned in other places. A bit unsure about this as to what it might do to my phone. Hope someone may have an answer.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hello and welcome tkk2711!
    I can understand how that could be very frustrating indeed!
    I was also going to recommend a factory reset but first would try to exhaust all other options:)

Now, we do have a forum for your device, but since there are alot of variants for the S2, I was wondering which S2 you had?

If you like, check out our device forum here and let us know which S2 you have:
    Android Phones - Android Forums

That way, we can move your thread there so others with your device, who know your device, can most certainly help out too:)

Thanks!!

teddyearp, LilBit and Unforgiven like this.
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

x2

4. tkk2711

tkk2711 Lurker

Hi,

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 on Virgin Mobile in the UK.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews