• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 coming to Boost, CONFIRMED!

VoltronMaximus

Android Enthusiast
Sep 27, 2011
Milwaukee
Boost, Virgin get their own new Samsung Galaxy phones | Mobile - CNET News

Im going to my local Boost store on Friday to reserve mine. $369 is a few dollars more than what I expected, but for this phone, Ill pay it. Now I just have to figure out how I can not go to paying the full $55 a month, Im currently paying $40.

Also, are any of you super genius Prevail devs plan on getting this phone?

Well I bought the Motorola XPRT because I'm broke but goodness I would never lay down $350 just for a phone. Too much money, maybe not too much for the specs ? but god no. Still its great having such a high end phone on Boost. This will surely bring in more customers.

Were also getting the Galaxy Rush :) Android 4.0 =( i wish i didnt buy the xprt now lol

Upvote 0
Well I bought the Motorola XPRT because I'm broke but goodness I would never lay down $350 just for a phone. Too much money, maybe not too much for the specs ? but god no. Still its great having such a high end phone on Boost. This will surely bring in more customers.

Were also getting the Galaxy Rush :) Android 4.0 =( i wish i didnt buy the xprt now lol

ICS is nice but it will be super sweet when somebody ports CM10 to it. I personally never thought Id lay this many duckets down on a phone, but the 8megapixil camera is what pushed me to go for it. I have a 8month old son and Im always snapping pictures with the Prevail camera, but unless hes not moving, the pics always come out crappy.

Does anyone have a link for the specs on the other 2 phones Boost is getting?

Upvote 0
ICS is nice but it will be super sweet when somebody ports CM10 to it. I personally never thought Id lay this many duckets down on a phone, but the 8megapixil camera is what pushed me to go for it. I have a 8month old son and Im always snapping pictures with the Prevail camera, but unless hes not moving, the pics always come out crappy.

Does anyone have a link for the specs on the other 2 phones Boost is getting?

Front page: Boost Mobile Announces Samsung Galaxy S2 4G Arriving In Sept For $370 – Samsung Galaxy Rush For $150

The Rush is seems a slightly upgraded Prevail, not worth the $150.

Upvote 0
$370, which seems a bit high right now.

MetroPCS is offering a dual core 1.2gig phone with slightly reduced other specs for $149.

I thought the S2 would be $299.

metro.. ive had them before.. and i gotta say. they sucked.
i always had 3 bars and under. not going back for a cheaper phone.
and i may not buy it right away.. ill probably get it once it goes under $200 or as close as possible.

Upvote 0
metro.. ive had them before.. and i gotta say. they sucked.
i always had 3 bars and under. not going back for a cheaper phone.
and i may not buy it right away.. ill probably get it once it goes under $200 or as close as possible.

Going to take quite awhile for the phone to drop by almost 50 %, unless they have an amazing black Friday sale. I would think that it'll be well over a year before this phone dips to $200 ish.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones