• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Coming to VM in November 2012!

McKayla-Not-Impressed-meme-collection-1mut.com-1-150x150.jpg

Upvote 0
I just had an online chat with VM customer service and they confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S2 is coming this November 2012! I'm excited, now I can upgrade from my Motorola Triumph:eek:

Regardless of whether it is 3G/4G, I think the addition of the S2 would be great. Not as great as the S3, mind you, but still great. ;)

And hardware wise? Except for the similar screen resolution, there's no contest between the S2 & the MT- S2 FTW!!!

Upvote 0
at what price

:D

also, bet you a tenner its 3G only

They didn't say what the price is going to be, it was just an online chat I had with customer service because I really want the S2 but I don't want to switch my plan to Boost Mobile in order to get it I wanna stay on Virgin. Anyway they confirmed its coming in November and will be on 4G WIMAX which is exciting news being that the S2 is the most sophisticated phone out for prepaid plan service. Be on the lookout for an official announcement coming out in the next few weeks head. I'm getting tired of my Triumph, its time for an upgrade:)

Upvote 0
I just had an online chat with VM customer service and they confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S2 is coming this November 2012! I'm excited, now I can upgrade from my Motorola Triumph:eek:

That's about the same as the guy working the cell phone department at Wal-Mart telling you they are getting the S2. Maybe they will, but that guy doesn't know anything you don't.

Upvote 0
That's about the same as the guy working the cell phone department at Wal-Mart telling you they are getting the S2. Maybe they will, but that guy doesn't know anything you don't.

Yes, well said. There have been stories of virgin mobile customer service confirming gingerbread updates. I don't think they know much about stuff like that but they'll tell you what you want to hear. When I see something more official from VM i'll believe it. though, It's always good to be optimistic I suppose.

Upvote 0
Not to troll, but in my opinion the Evo 3D is better anyway and we already have that.

Compared to the Galaxy SII it has:
A faster processor
Higher Res screen
3D
4G
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

Now if the Galaxy S III came to Virgin, that would be another story lol.

yeah and the screen size difference is almost insignificant. like how the EVO was 0.2 inches bigger than the triumphs screen but is still smaller width-wise

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Reverb™

Is now on the VM site. Is this the GII? Im not gonna lie. I love my Triumph but I will move up to a better phone if the price is right.

no.

the galaxy Reverb has a 4 inch 480x800 screen, a snapdragon S2 MSM8655 (same as triumph)

the Galaxy Reverb is basically a triumph.... same cpu, SLIGHTLY more ram but not enough to matter. its got android 4 but with that touchwiz crap. not pure android.

if you already got a triumph its not much different than the reverb. unless you REALLY love samsungs name, but considering its just a mid range phone I'm willing to be they licensed a standard mid range handset and just threw the samsung logo on it, like motorola did with the triumph.

thats why we are seeing sooo many mid range phones come out running the s2 snapdragon from the triumph, all with the same size screens and ram and just running different software.

*EDIT*

on second thought. a 1.4GHz single core phone was a SUPER GREAT phone at one time, there was a time where all those specs were at the high end of the market.

just becuase dual core phones exist now doesnt make these ones BAD.

if you want a smartphone these will do VERY well. i dont think they will be AS future proofed as dual cores but there not gunna let you down in day to day use.

Upvote 0

If I'm not mistaken, those customer service reps are the same company contracted by Sprint to answer customer service calls. They don't actually work at VM/Sprint. Take what they tell you with a grain of salt, and believe what you read from the official press releases from either Sprint or Virgin Mobile USA.

Upvote 0
If I'm not mistaken, call centers by Sprint are run by Alorica.

People in those call centers are designed to "always tell the customer what they want to hear."

From my experience working in one (I didn't last long, I always told the customer the truth,) they will tell lies, just so you keep your plan/contract/buying their items.

If the S2 does come, cool! But I'm happy with my Evo 3D.

Upvote 0
They barely speak English. You sure their call center is located in the US? I was with VM USA for years and seldom was able to understand what they were trying to say over the phone. I think only once did I get someone who I understood completely.

There are a few locations. They have some in the DR, Texas, and other places.

Upvote 0

Correction...I know this is not a reliable source but I literally just got off the phone with customer service and asked again if the galaxy s2 is coming to vm and he corrected me by saying "it's not the s2 that's coming, its the Samsung Galaxy S3 that's coming on November 30th just in time for the holidays" He also said the announcement will be on their website within a week or two. If this is true then OMG!!!:D

Upvote 0
Correction...I know this is not a reliable source but I literally just got off the phone with customer service and asked again if the galaxy s2 is coming to vm and he corrected me by saying "it's not the s2 that's coming, its the Samsung Galaxy S3 that's coming on November 30th just in time for the holidays" He also said the announcement will be on their website within a week or two. If this is true then OMG!!!:D

That would be awesome, if it's true. But, it will probably cost $500-600 or more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones