1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S2 failed firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by csymeno, Aug 13, 2012.

1. csymeno

csymeno Lurker

My Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 switched off during firmware upgrade, Now its just no responding to anything.. Doesn't go to download mode, doesn't respond to the ON button.. Took it to Service Center, now they tell me its moisture damage, but my phone never fell on water, and the litmus paper is not RED (as it shld if it had water damage)
    Can someone help me please.. Its been 2 weeks and I have been all over Cyber space looking for Answers..
    PLEASE HELLLLP!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I moved this to the SGS2 International forum to get some better eyes on it.:)

3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Sounds serious. Were you low on battery at the time?

Apart from an official service centre, the only other solution is a JTag service.
    Google it, and you will also find ebay sellers offering the service.

4. Malina07

Malina07 Lurker

please help me too!
    The same phone; the same problem :((((

5. gareth_sheep

gareth_sheep Lurker

Hello.
    First time poster - need help. I'm totally new to android and was updating my other half's S2 GT-I9100 using Kies. Everything was going fine until Kies said there was a issue and the firmware upgrade failed. Kies suggested I go into Emergency REcovery. I did this and now nothing. I'm getting a screen on the phone which is black with a small white picture of a phone, PC and yellow warning triangle in the middle.
    Kies can't do anything and the phone is effectively dead. I have a recovery code, whatever that is, but nothing else.
    HELP!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews