1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Josephe, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Josephe

Josephe Lurker

Hello everybody.
    I have an important question about my S2. My phone did not recognized any simcards and the imei number was just blank as well. So I have found a few simple steps how to fix this. I had to root my phone using galaxys2root and had to download an app called GSII_Repair from Google play to recover my imei. So now my phone is working fine the version number of my android is 2.3.3
    There is a much newer firmware avaliable on my phone. My question is can I update my firmware if my phone had been rooted. Thanks

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Josephe! :)

Good to hear that you have your phone working again.

To find out what the latest version of firmware is available for your phone see posts #1,#2 and #3 of the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide to see if there is a Jelly Bean update for your phone and for reasons you are not be able to update it using Kies and what you can do to update it yourself.

Grab a coffee and carefully and thoroughly, read through those posts as they will answer all your questions. ;)

3. Josephe

Josephe Lurker

Hi and Thank you for your reply. My phone is a UK model GT-I9500 as I live in the UK. When I connect my phone to my PC trough Samsung Kies it comes up straight with the firmware update warning. But it says that if my phone had been rooted it can brick my phone. So I have not started it up yet.

4. ironass

Phone model GT-i9500 is a Galaxy S4, octa core phone... not an S2! The forum for that is... Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android Forums

5. Josephe

Josephe Lurker

Sorry I have made a mistake as I own an S4 as well.But the problem is with the s2 GT I9100.I dont know do I have to try to update the firmware trough kies or not..??

6. ironass

You will not be able to update a rooted phone using Kies as per #1.6 of the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide and will have to flash firmwares via Odin as per #1.7.