• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S2 Icon Problem

haylz

Lurker
Sep 20, 2011
All my icons have completely vanished, the task manager/downloads says all the apps are still there but they won't show up on the home screen. Even when I click the main menu button (the four bottom icons are still visable) there are still no icons. I'm truly annoyed!! I don't know what to do because there is nothing online in forums or help/advice. Someone help!! :(

I also have this same problem after initially updating to android 2.3.6 yesterday

Everything worked fine, I set my alarm, woke up this morning and after the alarm went off on the S2 all of the icons disappeared, I can not reach the applications menu aswell.

Please help people Im going insane!

Edit: I tried several reboots, didnt work!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply Shotgun84

I didn't quite get this though; "long press the homescreen, choose shortcut, then settings, then manage applications."

- What exactly is "shortcut"? The closest thing to it I can find is Task Manager.

Edit: I pulled the battery while the phone was still ON, icons are back now. Initially I removed the battery AFTER switching the phone off, that didn't seem to fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones