1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S2 Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by feeeba, Apr 10, 2012.

1. feeeba

feeeba Lurker
    None

Apr 10, 2012
    Hi Guys,

I updated my sg2 when the ICS update came about (Im on 3 btw!) Ever since I have been hit with a fair few issues and I wanted to knwo if you guys can help. I can no longer screen capture anything on my screen, holding down the lock button and the home button no longer does anything, Also when i am trying to take a picture now i get vertical wobbly lines down the screen.

Please help!

Advertisement

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    I think ICS change the screen capture button configuration. Since its meant to work without home button, you need to press power+volume up.

Not sure about the camera.

3. feeeba

feeeba Lurker
    None

Apr 10, 2012
    It still doesn't work when I press power+volume up :/

The camera only does the vertical line wobbly thing when its focusing on something bright e.g. like a white piece of paper.

I have done a hard reset because I thought maybe it was the software but alas the problems still prevail.

4. Russell Ng

None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Try Power+vol down. I don't have ICS so just recalling from memory what I read.

5. wrighty.uk.gor

None

Jul 29, 2011
    Wife got ics on i9100 on 3 and it is still menu and power to capture screen.

Have you tried a factory reset there plenty people who having issues when upgrading. My asus transformer would crash reset and all sort after ICS update done reset and been solid as a rock since,

Just remember if you do it you will lose every thing. So back things up first

6. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    England

Home and power*;)

7. Russell Ng

None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Samsung/carrier must have changed it because I remember reading that you use the Power + one of the volume buttons. That was at the time when people was flashing ICS 4.0.1 to 4.0.3 when the build just came out and not yet released officially.

8. wrighty.uk.gor

None

Jul 29, 2011
    After owning a symbian device for years it will always be the menu button to me. But yes it is home.

9. fwyres

fwyres Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2012
    I have ics on a vodafone galaxy s2. I use the main button and power button at the same time and it works .
    I have a problem too. Since loading ics i keep getting a red border flash up on my fone. Can anybody help me please.

10. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert
    None

Jan 20, 2012
    Male
    Ayrshire, scotland
    As someone else suggested, it its now the volume down and power button. So it can be done in one hand. However the old method also still works provided you hold down the home key and lift three power key first!

bluejava2 likes this.
  11. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    I have i9100 from Otpus Australia now running ICS 4.0.3 (XWLP8). I cannot not get any of those configurations to capture the screen. Tried Home+power, VolUp+Power, VolDn +Power, Menu+Power even tried both volume + power not easy. None of them work. I have also seen the slide deck from europe going through all the changes posted elsewhere (4o slides) but I can't get this to go. Is there some finese involved?

On the positive side, Optus seem to have been reined in with all thier crapware. All of them seem to be able to uninstall them - all 15 apps. Including the TV&Video which to used to run at startup sucking MB of data and battery power all the time. Also Samsung Wifi Direct does not run by default anymore like it used to on GB. So the upgrade was worth it.

Any further ideas trying to get Screen capture working.

12. AlbaBarn

AlbaBarn Lurker
    None

Mar 6, 2011
    to Screen cap on a Galaxy S2 with ICS you need to hold Power + Home + Volume Down, need to hold it for a couple of seconds and it'll pop up with the screenshot, its not as instant as it used to be.

yongjianrong and DaveSyd like this.
  13. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Thanks heaps Albabarn - works. Notice it does not actually store it until you tell it?

Do you know which folder it is buried in - no longer \sdcard\ScreenCapture but some folder called ScreenShots buried somewhere?

DaveSyd

14. yongjianrong

yongjianrong Lurker
    None

May 31, 2012
    Go to Settings -->Developer Options --> Untick 'Strict Mode Enabled' and 'Show Screen Updates'