• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S2 Issues

feeeba

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
Hi Guys,

I updated my sg2 when the ICS update came about (Im on 3 btw!) Ever since I have been hit with a fair few issues and I wanted to knwo if you guys can help. I can no longer screen capture anything on my screen, holding down the lock button and the home button no longer does anything, Also when i am trying to take a picture now i get vertical wobbly lines down the screen.

Please help!

It still doesn't work when I press power+volume up :/

The camera only does the vertical line wobbly thing when its focusing on something bright e.g. like a white piece of paper.

I have done a hard reset because I thought maybe it was the software but alas the problems still prevail.

Upvote 0
Wife got ics on i9100 on 3 and it is still menu and power to capture screen.

Have you tried a factory reset there plenty people who having issues when upgrading. My asus transformer would crash reset and all sort after ICS update done reset and been solid as a rock since,

Just remember if you do it you will lose every thing. So back things up first

Upvote 0
Wife got ics on i9100 on 3 and it is still menu and power to capture screen.

Have you tried a factory reset there plenty people who having issues when upgrading. My asus transformer would crash reset and all sort after ICS update done reset and been solid as a rock since,

Just remember if you do it you will lose every thing. So back things up first

Samsung/carrier must have changed it because I remember reading that you use the Power + one of the volume buttons. That was at the time when people was flashing ICS 4.0.1 to 4.0.3 when the build just came out and not yet released officially.

Upvote 0
I have i9100 from Otpus Australia now running ICS 4.0.3 (XWLP8). I cannot not get any of those configurations to capture the screen. Tried Home+power, VolUp+Power, VolDn +Power, Menu+Power even tried both volume + power not easy. None of them work. I have also seen the slide deck from europe going through all the changes posted elsewhere (4o slides) but I can't get this to go. Is there some finese involved?

On the positive side, Optus seem to have been reined in with all thier crapware. All of them seem to be able to uninstall them - all 15 apps. Including the TV&Video which to used to run at startup sucking MB of data and battery power all the time. Also Samsung Wifi Direct does not run by default anymore like it used to on GB. So the upgrade was worth it.

Any further ideas trying to get Screen capture working.

Upvote 0
I have i9100 from Otpus Australia now running ICS 4.0.3 (XWLP8). I cannot not get any of those configurations to capture the screen. Tried Home+power, VolUp+Power, VolDn +Power, Menu+Power even tried both volume + power not easy. None of them work. I have also seen the slide deck from europe going through all the changes posted elsewhere (4o slides) but I can't get this to go. Is there some finese involved?

On the positive side, Optus seem to have been reined in with all thier crapware. All of them seem to be able to uninstall them - all 15 apps. Including the TV&Video which to used to run at startup sucking MB of data and battery power all the time. Also Samsung Wifi Direct does not run by default anymore like it used to on GB. So the upgrade was worth it.

Any further ideas trying to get Screen capture working.

to Screen cap on a Galaxy S2 with ICS you need to hold Power + Home + Volume Down, need to hold it for a couple of seconds and it'll pop up with the screenshot, its not as instant as it used to be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones