1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE Black Screen and Freezes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NoUserName, May 8, 2012.

1. NoUserName

NoUserName Lurker
    None

May 8, 2012
    I just got a Galaxy S2 LTE phone from Rogers in Canada, and often when I unlock it or try to hit the home screen, the screen turns black and unresponsive for a long time, sometimes requiring a restart. I also got an error message a while ago saying the TWlauncher froze and to Force Quit it, so I Googled what that was to try to find the fix, and people with the same problem said get Launcher Pro or other launcher and delete TWlauncher. So I did that, but the problem persists. Does anyone know a fix? I would like to avoid a factory reset if possible.

Advertisement

2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!!
    None

Feb 15, 2012
    Male
    Web Dev
    Texas
    Hello and welcome to AF. :)

I'm sorry to say, but when these types of problems continue a hard reset will likely fix the issue. You could try to clear the cache on the launcher, or try a different one, but if it does not help then a factory reset is what might fix this.

3. JDSpade

JDSpade Lurker
    None

May 9, 2012
    Halleluja, someone with the same issue. I have been having a battle with Rogers and Samsung for the last 3 weeks because they think I am crazy. So while I am sorry you are having the same issue, I am somewhat relieved at the same time. I bought my initial Galaxy Lte from Rogers 2 months ago. That phone worked fine for 4 1/2 weeks, and then completely froze and could not restart. Samsung replaced that phone as they could not figure out the issue, but my replacement phone was having this freezing issue about 5 minutes out of the box. If I did not have my first phone, I may have just chalked it up to a slow/poor phone, but it does not even compare to the first phone I had. My feeling is that the replacement I received was due to someone returning it with the same issue, but a 2 minute diagnostic does not detect a problem. Use it for a few more minutes, and you want to throw the phone out the window. I returned this replacement phone, only to have it sent back to me 10 days later with the comments 'no defect found' by the manufacturer. I am currently following Rogers' escalation process as I am completely dissatisfied with the phone, and the treatment that I have received to date.

4. JDSpade

JDSpade Lurker
    None

May 9, 2012
    Sorry, one more comment to add ... a factory reset did not fix the issue. I had no issue doing it with my first replacement because I had not loaded anything back onto the phone, but even with the factory reset, the problem persisted.