• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 - MyPhoneExplorer - Sync with Outlook Step by Step - Windows

ciaka

Lurker
Oct 31, 2011
Follow and you will get it every time OK.

Below are full instructions including install. After it is all set up, all you need to do is connect phone, start client on phone, start SW on PC, click connect and then click sync.

Good luck.

1. Download (to your PC), drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 phone - CLICK HERE - free drivers

2. Install Galaxy S2 drivers (above downloaded SW) on your PC (follow default prompts). DO NOT connect your Galaxy S2 hooked up during installation.

3. Reboot PC and log back in.

4. On your PC - Download MyPhoneExplorer SW - CLICK HERE to download - free app

3. On your Galaxy S2 phone - Go to Market and install 'MyPhoneExplorer Client' - free app

4. Install MyPhoneExplorer SW on your PC (from step 4) - follow default prompts during install

5. On your Galaxy S2 - from main menu,
- Go to & Open SETTINGS
- Click on APPLICATIONS
- Click on DEVELOPMENT
- Make sure to CHECK the USB Debugging selection

6. Connect Galaxy S2 phone via USB cable to PC (with installed SW). Drivers will be installed for it automatically (in Windows)

7. On your Galaxy S2 - start the MyPhoneExplorer Client (blue circling arrows - you will find it in your apps menu)

8. On your PC - Start MyPhoneExplorer SW.

9. Click FILE then SETTINGS
- CONNECTION ---> Connect via...AutoDetect
- SYNC ---> Contacts: Outlook 20XX
- SYNC ---> Calendar: Outlook 20XX
- SYNC ---> Notes: Outlook 20XX
You can click ADVANCED on each above to further customize how you want to sync.

10. On Your PC - In MyPhoneExplorer SW - Click CONNECT

11. Click the Blue circling arrows to sync all identified items from Outlook.

All above only needs to be done wholly the first time. After initial sync, all you need to do is connect the phone, start the client on phone, start SW on PC, and click connect then sync.

KIES would not show phone numbers, but all else worked. Samsung tried for 1/2 hour before telling me that their software has an issue and they are trying to fix it, go figure.
I came across this program, MyPhoneExplore, and couldn't get it to work, recognize my phone, Galaxy SII.
I then read your your steps and it worked like a charm!

Total Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Why would you hook your phone up via USB when you can use MyPhoneExplorer and sync WiFi.

Download and install the latest version of MyPhoneExplorer on your PC (no reboot)
FJ Software Development

Install the MyPhoneExplorer client on your phone
https://market.android.com/details?...vbS5manNvZnQubXlwaG9uZWV4cGxvcmVyLmNsaWVudCJd

Make sure your phone is on your WiFi network (same one as your computer is connected to <PC can be wired or WiFi>)

Start the MyPhoneExplorer client on your phone, you will see "WiFi connected to "name of your WiFi network" (WiFi IP address of your phone)

Start the MyPhoneExplorer software on your computer, press F1 to connect to your phone.

*Ripped from OP post except for items in bold
Click FILE then SETTINGS
- CONNECTION ---> Select Phone with Google Android-OS
- CONNECTION ---> Connect via...WiFi
- SYNC ---> Contacts: Outlook 20XX
- Click Advanced... and in Sync Mode select Sync Both if you want to sync both ways
- SYNC ---> Calendar: Outlook 20XX
- Click Advanced... and in Sync Mode select Sync Both if you want to sync both ways
- SYNC ---> Notes: Outlook 20XX

**In File, Settings, Multi-Sync you can select to have multiple things synched with a keyboard shortcut. (I clicked Phonebook, Organizer and Notes)

**In File, Settings, Advanced 1: Select the keyboard shortcut you want to use to start Multi-Sync (I use ALT + W)

When you do this and press ALT+W MyPhoneExplorer will sync everything you have selected in one shot so you don't have to go to each section and sync manually.

Thanks to the OP for the initial writeup, I was thinking about posting one! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones