1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung Galaxy s2 or Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mmarkiew, Dec 31, 2011.

1. mmarkiew

mmarkiew Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    I am sure you have heard this question a million times, but I am due to get a new phone and I am tossing up between the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the Galaxy Nexus.

Before I heard they were going to update S2 I was definately going with the Galaxy Nexus. But seeing the fantastic Galaxy S2 is going to get the Ice Cream Sandwhich Update, what should I do??

All comments would be appreciated :)

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

With the SGS2 you could probably get a great, proven phone for a little less with (eventually) the latest version of Android. It's been around a little longer, has has many of the bugs worked out and has a huge support community. The Gnex is the latest and greatest, and is a Nexus phone. If you list and compare every feature and spec, you can get easily confused.

3. AndroidAdvntge

None

Dec 29, 2011
    Welcome! If I was in your position, and trust me I really wish I was (broken promises and dreams with the G2x), I would either:

a. Go with the Nexus (they will fix the bugs if there are any, and it can only go up!)

or

b. Wait until February for the Galaxy S III!

In my opinion I would wait for the SGS3 or any other Tegra-3 (quad core processor) device to be created in the early 2012 months. Good things come to those who wait.