• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC Rezound?

to serve man

Nov 19, 2011
All the comparison I found so far is either between S2 and other phones, or between Galaxy Nexus and Rezound or RaZR.

The only two phones that are worth getting in my opinion, currently in the market, are Galaxy S2 and Rezound. The problem is they are on different networks, but they are both 4G and offer pretty good options, but I want to do a real head-to-head comparison, and it is very difficult. Amazon recently changed their comparison feature, and it does not compare anything useful anymore. And I am not sure about the Interface, does Samsung create decent interface? I know HTC Sense is really cool.

I rely on my phone 24hrs so I am not planning to use a custom ROM initially.

All of those are great phones, according to their users.

You'd be hard pressed to go wrong with any of them.

And while I'm sure various fans will give righteous reasons why in their opinion one is superior to another, the truth is that there is no best phone - just the best phone for you at this point in time.

However - it could easily come down to service.

My rule of thumb - always choose your carrier first, then choose the phone on that carrier.

The best hardware in the world can't cure a bad cell service area.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
There is a big dilemma when it comes to choosing service.
If I stay with AT&T I will get to keep unlimited data, if I go to VZ, I get only 2GB (or 4GB during promotion in Nov). So that's a huge plus to stay with AT&T, and if I can get them to send me a microcell I will get superb coverage at home, but I also want to get a reliable service from VZ, and possibly faster data, but that's just speculation, I am sure 4G with both will be very similar..

So, now it comes down to phones, I heard a few problems with Rezound, but not as many with S2, and being able to root the S2 is of course a big plus.

S2 is getting old now, and rezound is brand new.

The resolution of S2 is 480 x 800 pixels while Rezound is 720 x 1280! Huge difference.

Also, I had no clue there were two or three Galaxy S2's with AT&T.. I guess they branded everything Galaxy. And then there is Captivate. They all look extremely similar with just addition of Keyboard with Captivate. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones