• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Screen is black, vibrates when restarting (only sign of life)

A

Android Question

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE phone, between 1.5 - 2 years old.

I picked it up, pressed the side/unlock screen button, and the screen remained black, however the bottom 4 buttons glowed, and the backlight for those buttons would not go off unless I pressed the side button again. I tried pressing the side button a couple of times, and the same thing would happen, black screen, glowing buttons at the bottom of my phone.

I then tried holding down the side button to restart my phone. I'm not positive, but it seems to take longer than usual to restart. The only reason I know it is restarting, is because my phone does a small vibrate when it has restarted. The screen has remained black, nothing has appeared on it since the issue started...including the 'Samsung' symbol (etc.) that usually appears when I restart my phone.

My phone had probably somewhere around 50%+ when this happened, so it can't have just run out of batteries, especially since it is still vibrating when I restart it.

I tried plugging it in to my normal charger, and nothing happened, it didn't even do a subtle vibrate to tell me it is charging.

What could be the issue?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones