• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S2 SPH-D710

gs4lover85

Lurker
Sep 2, 2015
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch. It was given to me by a friend who had been having problems with it charging and the battery holding a charge. I took it apart and checked the logic board and there is a white substance next to the charger port. I'm guessing this is the problem as the charger port is still firmly fixed to the logic board and the contact looks to be in good shape. So I have four questions. 1. Is there any way to fix this to get the original charger port working again? If not, then 2. Can I use any Samsung Galaxy S2 logic board to replace this one, as long as it has a similar shape to this one and the connectors look to be in the same positions? If not, then 3. Can you tell me a good website besides eBay and Amazon that sells this specific logic board for a decent price? Under $50 if possible. 4. Would you be able to give me some possible causes for this issue? I'm thinking something could possibly be corroded in the charger port area. I'm just not sure if this explains the battery draining quickly. Also there was a brand new battery bought for this phone and the issue still occured, so a bad battery has been eliminated as the cause. Thank you for looking over my questions, I appreciate your time and consideration

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones