1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S2 usb connection keep reconnecting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Versus, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Versus

Versus Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    hmm, is anyone experiencing sgs2 usb connection keep disconnecting and connecting itself when browsing the phone folder? any idea how to solve it cause I couldn't update my sgs2 through kies because it keep disconnecting. even when i plug in the usb cable, during the MTP application, the usb connection keep on initializing and connecting when i'm trying to go into the sgs2 folder. i wanna update my sgs2 but dunno how when it keep disconnecting. any idea? thanks.

Advertisement

2. runebinder

runebinder Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    Nottingham UK
    The problem seems to be with Kies, as I had the same issue. For updating, can try going through Settings> About> Software update on the phone itself.

I resorted to doing a custom ROM due to Kies being an awful program.

3. Versus

Versus Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    hmm, beside updating through the phone. is there any other way to connect my sgs2 to pc without the usb connection keep on reconnecting? i connect it through mass storage method and it has no problem at all. However, if through the mtp application, it will keep on reconnect once i go in the phone folder. is there any solution to this? i mean without it keep on reconnecting. Thanks.

4. celticgriffin

celticgriffin Newbie
    None

Mar 12, 2010
    I have same issue (posted under a different title), I cannot find a cure but my workaround is to use in debugging mode. settings>applications>development>USB debugging
    which actually seems faster and better than using KIES. I find that the problem only occurs when trying to access media files on phone and memory card so hope that will still connect to KIES OK for next firmware upgrade. This problem has only started on the latest version of KIES so I believe that is where the issue is too.

5. Perin

Perin Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    This might seem like a strange way to get around this problem but ive only just figured it out,
    you need to go to your wireless & network settings
    then go to tethering & portable hotspot and turn that on, then plug your phone into your pc, it will install drivers and u can then use your phone to access the internet through your phone,
    then go to kies via wifi, and it will find your pc because your pc will be using your phone as a wifi connection, so your computer can connect to your phone through a wifi connection that the phone has created and then kies should load up for you and will connect to your phone, so after that you can sync and copy files to and from your phone.
    sorry if this is a bit jumbled up but its the first time ive posted and this problem has been doing my head in for ages.
    let me know if this workes for you also :)

6. haubuchon

haubuchon Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    I am having the exact same problem here. Not sure since when, but probably since last Kies update. It disconnects and reconnects every 15-17 seconds.

Has anyone found a solution, other than accessing kies through wifi ? I need the usb mode.

7. haubuchon

haubuchon Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    I tried uninstalling all Samsung USB drivers (I had 1.4.8.0) as well as Kies.
    I Tried installing only (no kies) the usb drivers: 1.4.2.0 ... same problem.
    I tried uninstalling all Samsung drivers, connected my phone and let Windows 7 install his own drivers.
    When I connect my phone, it does not get disconnected and I can browse my files.

UPDATE: yes, after a while it stars getting disconnected and reconnected. It must be a problem with the software on the phone then ...

8. haubuchon

haubuchon Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Solved !

Turns out it was a file or folder Kies (on the phone) did not like. When you start Kies or Windows Media Player (like I did), it scans the whole phone memory and sd card to find files.

I could reproduce by opening then internal memory folder and doing a search for *. It would eventually close the MTC application on the phone and restart it.

Then by doing the same thing folder by folder, i was able to see the falty folder (in my case it was in Android, the Google Books cache folder).

I uninstalled Google Books and everything was fine.

9. outofthisworld

None

Apr 17, 2010
  10. JimDane

JimDane Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    Yes this is the same issues I had before updating to 2.3.5

I could get it to work by removing all my music mp3's and delete the content of all CACHE folders, turn off/on the phone, than reconnect. But the moment I tried to access the internal SD card by copying music the connection failed at once.

2.3.5 solved this issue on my SG2 but I had already changed to MyPhoneExplorer before that, it just works!

JimR

11. bzvz

bzvz Newbie
    None

May 26, 2010

could you please explain what exactly did u search? *??

12. Avsfan20

Avsfan20 Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2012
    I was having the same problem on my Player. Following the above advice, I opened the device on my PC and tried to open Google books. It kept disconnecting. It took me a few tries, but I was finally able to delete thate folder. So far, my player is connecting and I am able to transfer music to it.