• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 vs LG G2......wow!

alpha2k

Android Expert
Nov 19, 2009
At first glance I was like hrmm, eh, I'm not really fond of 1: the button on the back and 2: the touchwiz like UI they have, but upon further inspection of watching some videos, OMG the customization it has? one word WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had that much customization on my touchwiz I would be MORE than happy to keep it, in fact I am wondering somthing, when will somone extract that and implement it into a rom.....that would be somthing I'd truley love to see.

I've never seen so much stuff, and very handy stuff too, stuff I would probably use daily once I got it.

LG G2: Unboxing & Review - YouTube a video showing the customization it has, that's insanely cool.

I am NOT a fan of touchwiz, or the touchwiz GUI style at all, but this?.....this adds a new twist on things.

OK Samsung, I hope your watching, take some notes, I think LG actually did something right this time.

I however am not a fan of the "look" they used, IE the icons for the toggles, they look well, kinda ugly or I dunnno, old school, but I could overlook all that with the functionality in things. Not to mention this phones camera and speed is well off the charts.

Almost tempting to switch over and start a contract with higher payments.

Sure wish they had a rom that had all the stuff this LG has in it for this phone.

does the thing have a microSD slot?

This thread probably belongs in a general section as it is not really about the S2

Yer probably right heh was tired and not thinking so if mods would like to put it in general that's fine.

No the phone cannot be upgraded as far as memory goes, it's 32GB internal, in fact the back cannot be taken off as far as I understand it.

I talked to Tmobile and asked them how they would get to the sim card if it ever went bad they said there was a slot in the side for the sim card so tmobile took care of that part. Aside from that they took the same route as the HTC models, you can't remove the back

For me personally, 32GB is plenty of space, I have a 32GB class 10 in my s2 now and haven't even began to fill it up. A work around for that would be, a micro usb to plug in to the charging port, unless that's a Samsung specific feature.....where you plug a usb connection dongle into the charging port of the phone and just place whatever sd card you want into that and it reads it as like another hard drive or whatever.

I suppose me having a 32gb sd card for this phone is overkill for me, in a huge scale, because my 8GB sd I had I still had like 4-5GB left on it.

Right now I am sitting at 29.31GB total space with 25.56GB free, and no plans of grabbing anything atm. The phone shows total space of 1.97GB, apps eating up 1.05GB, and available space 808MB, the internal storage shows 11.05GB total with an avaialable space of 5.61GB still left.

So yeah probably overkill :)

Upvote 0
Cool. Thanks.

The g2 it's really nice hardware, although there are too features I like that stand out side from the hardware, the 3 finger slide and most of all the 3 app on the screen at once option. I talked to bilgerry he said he was working on adding that in his rom.
The camera is said to be very good, even compared to the Samsung, only with image stabilization.

Not sure why they didn't implement the sd card option, it wouldn't have been that hard, so they may have burned themselves on that, because more people than not want the option to upgrade the memory.

Upvote 0
I used TW only briefly on my S3 before putting an AOSP ROM on it so I'm not terribly familiar. Pretty much the same thing with my G2. Although, I will say, just with looks, LG's skin is better in my eyes. A lot of great enhancements that can be more useful than TW's.
No SD Card isn't a big deal for me, but I do usually only keep one or two nandroids on it to keep space high. LG's is hugely bloated so I think you get something like 26Gb of storage out of the box.

Upvote 0
Cool. Thanks.

The g2 it's really nice hardware, although there are too features I like that stand out side from the hardware, the 3 finger slide and most of all the 3 app on the screen at once option. I talked to bilgerry he said he was working on adding that in his rom.
The camera is said to be very good, even compared to the Samsung, only with image stabilization.

Not sure why they didn't implement the sd card option, it wouldn't have been that hard, so they may have burned themselves on that, because more people than not want the option to upgrade the memory.

The lg g2's camera is very overrated IMO. This pics have burned out whites, and is bad in low light. The video camera suffers from breathing auto focus and has terrible audio quality. The note 2 3 and gs4 have better camera/camcorder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones