1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S2 vs ???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nato85, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Nato85

Nato85 Newbie

Hey Guys

Getting a new phone tomorrow, have a samsung galaxy s2 and prob prefer to keep to samsung

What is better to go for then a samsung galaxy s2?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

I don't think there really is much out there that is a huge step up from the s2.

If you want a camera that also acts as a phone, then there is the new Nokia, but from what in have seen, the HTC one isn't a big leap in technology from the s2.

3. Nato85

Nato85 Newbie

which HTC was this

I was unsure if there was anything better then the samsung galaxy s2, htc is an interesting one too

4. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

There's the SamsungGalaxy Note, the only thing is that it has quite a large screen. Too big I think. What about the Galaxy Nexus?

5. Nato85

Nato85 Newbie

The Nexus was on my list of things to look at vs the samsung galaxy s2

6. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

The HTC one, is the new phone, but spec wise its pretty much the same as s2. Galaxy now is a fair bit bigger than s2 and had a slightly faster processor at 1.5ghz, my dad got it cos it has the pen, he doesn't like using his finger!
    xperia a, is another option, but there really isn't anything much out there that will beat the s2 in the same way it best everything else when it came out! Id hold out and wait for the s3, though I suspect even it won't be a huge leap in technology!

7. apk x64

apk x64 Newbie

my suggestion get nexus cuz you can get latest firmware every time (i am also going to buy one , other android phones sucks )

8. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Quad-core Tegra 3 @1.5GHz, 4.7" 1280x720 (720p) display, 1GB RAM, 32GB storage, unibody construction, no SD card capability, no user-replaceable battery.... the One X is quite different to the GS2. ;)

@ OP: the Nexus is built by Samsung but bear in mind it's not a Samsung handset, so you lose TouchWiz and all the associated widgets/integration.

9. Nato85

Nato85 Newbie

May I ask what touchwiz is, I know its a noob question

10. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

TouchWiz is Samsung's UI overlay/launcher, in the same manner as HTC's Sense.

11. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert

So slightly faster processor, slightly bigger screen (clearer too....) being the only things that are possibly better than the s2..... :p

Personally id stick to the s2 currently as in real terms there isn't much separating it from much newer phones. However, if you are desperate to change check the competitors out and see what you think in the shops, if a bigger screen feels better then id go for the one you feel best about :)

S2 all the way for me until there is something that is massively ahead of it! Probs s4?

12. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

I didn't suggest that it was "better", only that it's not "pretty much the same". :)

13. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

HTC One is a new phone, so you would expect it to have better specs. And good to know it generally does in terms of CPU (quadcore), screen display (pixel density) etc.

But what kills it is non-replaceable battery (unless you don't mind losing warranty) and memory. 32GB without any chance of microSD. Will see what the rest of the world comes out with this year.

But its nice to know the SGS2 can still face off with the latest phone and not lose too much ground.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews