• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi not connecting

sharpyr

Lurker
Feb 27, 2013
Hi,

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S2 more than a year now, without any wifi problems. A couple of days ago the wifi stopped working on it.

When I tap the wifi button it lights up for a few seconds then turns off again. When I try to connect through 'wifi Settings' it says it is turning on, then scanning, but after a while it does not find any networks and automatically turns wifi off again. None of my previous networks connected to are shown either. I have 2 networks I have recently connected to, and neither of these are detected by my phone.
They are both shared networks so am not able to reset routers etc. No one else using these networks has had any drama and can still connect fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones