• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra screen problem is not actually a defect

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Reactions: AugieTN
    I don't know about y'all but I have such high standards that if I paid over $1000 on a smartphone I'd, well, expect better. This is the kind of 'side effect' that you'd expect from some el-cheapo tablet from Big Lots, mentioned in badly translated English about the screen. (some manufacturing defects might have occurred and you might see things such as 'dead pixels' but should not otherwise effect performance of your device)

That quoted text in parentheses was from the manual for my Gateway 2-in-1 laptop I bought at Walmart for $129, for work use. For $129, sure, I could give it that, or expect imperfections but not for something advertised as Premium.

What screen tech are they referring to? OLED? Super AMOLED? because the Super AMOLED display of my S4 mini has none of this...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones